$1500 to spend....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver
    I guess women are right; all guys ARE the same.
    1. When you grow up a little you'll realize that women don't know shit while they think they do know shit. So don't be too concerned at this point. Plus, just to clear this up, all guys are not the same.

2. The more a woman says shit like that the more it means that she has no clue.

Comment

Originally posted by e30vert
      You take $1500 and compound it over 20 year and see what it actually gets you. Average 4 % a year without a ton of risk.
      4% isnt an investment. That's just keeping up with inflation.

Take 1500 and put it in a moneymarket account that averages ~12% return and put in $250 extra every month and you would have like $250k in 20yrs.

Spend it on your car!

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac
        4% isnt an investment. That's just keeping up with inflation.

Take 1500 and put it in a moneymarket account that averages ~12% return and put in $250 extra every month and you would have like $250k in 20yrs.

Spend it on your car!

4 % is conservative and obtainable in a stable investment.

12 % is not attainable nor sustainable at that rate of return. Sure there may be periods that may average 12 % return , but not consistiently.

Lots of risk at that rate of return and one has to be willing to ride out the bad times and not get cold feet. Risk tolerance is what needs to be assessed to move into that style of investment.

Comment

my mutual fund has gotten better than 25 percent the past 2 years. started at 3k and is now at 5k in just over 2 years. I could be off but it started something like that.

Comment

I voted M50 because:

- you said its an unfinished project. Doesn't this bug you? Don't you want to get it out of the way and enjoy the fruits of your labour?

- you can finish the car, sell it and use the money to buy a cheap shitter and a really f**king quick bike.

- I assume, you being at college, are young. Therefore you don't REALLY need to get into investing right at this second as you've got at least 60 years ahead of you to worry about money. Sure, a kid who has been saving and investing since they were 14 years-old will have an advantage on you, but fark man, live life a little!

All that.... and you can drop fucking massive smokies in the M50 E30 :p
            Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Are those like those little cocktail weinies? Little Smokies?

Comment

I guess that's a US thing, cause I've never heard of them.

By smokies, I mean burnouts, and by burnouts I mean belching thick white smoke from both rear wheels as the car creeps slowly up the road, sitting on the limiter in 3rd....
                Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Working...
                X