X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone order from Ground Control; if so

How long did you wait for your order???

1991 318i with M3 Conversion

October 2005 I ordered a set of E30 Koni SA dampers, shipped in 2 days. Month later ordered Koni strut nuts, shipped in 2 days.

Having said that, I have heard from others about long delays on certain parts...

Comment

Going on two months here and nothing yet. It better

be good. No response to email or it takes forever to get thru the phone. Will see what happen. The unfortunate thing is that twice I have called on a monday and been told that they were going to package the stuff and send it. That was two of the last three weeks.

Comment

Join the club. They are really slow, and I suspect, take car of orders from race teams before orders for street applications.

I've heard the best way is to order Ground Control stuff through James Clay at Bimmerworld. He can get orders turned around quicker.

I ordered a full GC AD shock system for my E30 race car in 2004. It took forever to get it. Good product though.

Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
        www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

they suck horribly at customer service...took months to get parts that were MISSING from my coilover setup...
          IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I have only ordered from them during the off season and they were very quick...

Comment

I guess I'll join the waiting club then ..

Comment

exactly why I went a custom route on my car, I didn't want to wait forever to get my stuff. Note, when I ordered my weld on m3 sway bar tabs they had them to me within a week. But that was almost 2 years ago
                Last edited by rs4pro3; 04-17-2006, 08:29 PM.
                85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

It depends on what you're waiting for. I just made an order from them, I've been waiting for a few weeks. They are out of stock of some of their special tuned Konis right now, and are getting them in a little at a time. If it's been a while, call and ask (I don't know what parts you're waiting for). They've been pretty accomodating with me.
                  -Brandon
                  '86 325es S50
                  '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                  '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                  '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
                  S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

the racing season has began thus the response from GC will be slow.
                    They sent me wrong front springs and it took them about 2 weeks to replace them.

Comment

The one question I was asked by people this past weekend at the DE after I told them I had Ground Controls was "did you have to order them from GC, or is there somewhere else?" Consistently, they all bitched about the poor service.
                      Current Cars
                      2014 M235i
                      2009 R56 Cooper S
                      1998 M3
                      1997 M3

Comment

Has most GC stuff in stock and they are awesome to deal with.

Comment

No doubt GC is a pain in the ass to get ahold of and have pretty horrible customer service. I agree with 2002Maniac-- go throught Mpact, very nice people, and they actually answer their phone!
                          '91 318is
                          sigpic

Comment

Too bad Mpact raised their prices though. They used to be a lot cheaper than GC. I still get 10% off because I'm local :)

Comment

I got my stuff from GC in good time, but that's because I spent nearly $100 on next day shipping.
                              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X