Vintage bmw questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vintage bmw questions

found a guy local selling a 71 2000 for 1,500 bucks its really clean like no rust only in a couple spots. should i sell the e36 for it? pics to follow how hard is it to get parts? are the expensive?

so should i sell the e36 and buy this??

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Y e s

Comment

Just buy it or send me the contact info.

Comment

As long as all the superficial stuff is in good shape (trim, grills) and the rust is minimal (something you should really look for). The Bavaria has the same underpinnings as an E9 coupe. Aside from the spendy aesthetic bits, most mechanicals/suspension are readily available from specialty vendors.

do NOT buy a vintage bimmer without a proper ppi being done. Here's a horror story from last month (albiet with a slightly less rust prone 2002).
        Recently bought a 72 from a supposedly 'reputable' MI 2002 source. The car turned up with SO much structural rust the rear suspension is completely unattached form the car on the right and there is more household srapy insulation, painted black and posing as metal that it is getting towed to the ...

I wouldn't buy it if it was my only car, or if I couldn't survive everyday without it. If it was a secondary car (or even if I could bike around) then heck yes I'd take it.
        Last edited by SkiFree; 07-15-2014, 12:25 PM.
        ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Looks like a 2500 or 2800, similar to the 3.0 Si, save for the engine capacity and injection/carbs. That's a car I'd like to drive. But if you have to sell your e36 to get that, I say it might not be the brightest move.

You can fit an big six in there. Anything based on the M30 motor. Including S38.

BTW Bavarias had plastic grills. So this shall be a 2500/2800.
          Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

old Bavaria 3.0

not real easy to find parts, check out

BMW E9 Coupe Enthusiasts Site - 2800cs, 3.0cs, 3.0csl

if it's all there its not too bad, but it can get pricey quick. not like e30s

part are out there but harder and more expensive to find and a 4 door will never be worth what the 2 door is.

Comment

I wouldn't if it's going to be my only car.
              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

whoops, forgot about that tidbit. Basically think of it as an E9 in sedan form.
                ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Except E9s are such parts cars.

Comment

Originally posted by brickwhite View Post
                    not real easy to find parts, check out

BMW E9 Coupe Enthusiasts Site - 2800cs, 3.0cs, 3.0csl

if it's all there its not too bad, but it can get pricey quick. not like e30s

part are out there but harder and more expensive to find and a 4 door will never be worth what the 2 door is.
                    Coupe and sedan are two different breeds. Coupe are rare and highly sought after. Sedans are, well, sedans. So don't worry for spares, there are plenty, and cheap.
                    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                      Coupe and sedan are two different breeds. Coupe are rare and highly sought after. Sedans are, well, sedans. So don't worry for spares, there are plenty, and cheap.
                      Only in a value perspective, Bavaria's are plenty rare (just that it doesn't equate into dollars).
                      ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Like most have said, a great second car project. That could be and still is a gentleman's BMW. Id drive that for sure!

COTM

Comment

Thanks for input guys I've been talking to blunt about all day to haha. Yes it would be my only car in a way until the e30 is drive able. blunt told me parts would be like a 2002 to get o i forgot to add one pic of the strut towers. and got more pics of the rust looks like just surface rust. o and its a 2500

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

That's not surface rust......

Comment

Unless it's more haggard than the car you're looking at, stick with the e36 for the daily.

The e30 will be more fun to drive once it's on the road anyways.
                              Instagram
                              sigpic
                              Current: 99 M3
                              Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Working...
                              X