How much is an Mtech 1 Car worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much is an Mtech 1 Car worth?

There is a guy near me selling his 86 325es and im looking to see how much you think its worth. I already have 3 cars so i dont need it but im tempted just because i love the mtech kit. Anyways the car has 280 000kms (174 000 miles), red, m tech 1 kit, euro bumpers, and grey houndstooth interior. The car is overall in really nice shape it appears. A few small rust spots but nothing to major. Interior is pretty mint and the dash is mint. What would you pay for something like this?

pretty low book value
    ($1450-$825 in my zip code)

auto?

might be a winner if price was >$2K and you parted it.

-----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

The kit, bumpers, and interior make up the price of the car. I don't know well enough to give exact numbers, but if you bought all of those separately it would probably be >$2,000

Comment

Its a 5spd

Comment

3,000 sounds like a fair price for it, if it has no mechanical problems. But of course, if the owner has any understanding of the rarity of the pieces on his car... then there's gonna be problems.

'88 325is
          VP UT of Austin Autoholics
          BMWCCA 380364

Comment

Find out when the timing belt was changed and if it needs shocks.

If it needs either, offer 2 grand and see if he bites.

If it doesn't, offer 2500.

if he knows what he's got...well, do some bargaining! :)

Maintenance issues are stuff you can always use to your advantage, so find em ALL! ;)
            - Sean Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by Kinger
              There is a guy near me selling his 86 325es and im looking to see how much you think its worth. I already have 3 cars so i dont need it but im tempted just because i love the mtech kit. Anyways the car has 280 000kms (174 000 miles), red, m tech 1 kit, euro bumpers, and grey houndstooth interior. The car is overall in really nice shape it appears. A few small rust spots but nothing to major. Interior is pretty mint and the dash is mint. What would you pay for something like this?
              u know its kinda hard, i wouldnt pay up because its an eta, but i would pay up because it does have the mtech1 kit.

i dunno
              Toyota Pickup

Comment

Yeah im torn because i already own 2 stupid eta's and i dont want a third. The guy also knows what the kit is worth so ive got a feeling he would be a stickler on the price. For the record he started asking $5000 at the beginning and is down to $3250 canadian now. Just about every week he drops his price so im in no rush.

Comment

Yeah im torn because i already own 2 stupid eta's and i dont want a third. The guy also knows what the kit is worth so ive got a feeling he would be a stickler on the price. For the record he started asking $5000 at the beginning and is down to $3250 canadian now. Just about every week he drops his price so im in no rush.
                  yeah is he the guy on bimmerforums?... what a tool, serioulsy he should just part out the kit and sell the car for like $800
                  Toyota Pickup

Comment

That's cause he'd be better off taking the kit off and selling it seperately.

Offer him 2700 Canadian. lol
                    - Sean Hayes

Comment

Where in Canada is this car?

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

this car perhaps?

I know that it was for sale on the Buy & Sell for $2000. I think that is when the current owner bought it.

----------- 1986 325 ----------------------------------- 1987 325ic -----------

Comment

That sure sounds like it. I think he bought it with the hopes it was a 325i M technik.

Comment

Originally posted by SchnellerVert
                            That sure sounds like it. I think he bought it with the hopes it was a 325i M technik.
                            haha faked him out good
                            Toyota Pickup

Comment

Yeah thats the car, looks like the cats out of the bag. I had no idea he posted on here , how awkward. haha but anyways looks like he paid $2000 so hes got some room to drop the price more.

Originally posted by torquester325
                              this car perhaps?

I know that it was for sale on the Buy & Sell for $2000. I think that is when the current owner bought it.

Comment

Working...
                              X