Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I buy??

Hey,
    So I've been asking questions as to where I can find stuff for the car I wanna buy when I should really be asking about the car. I'm looking to buy a 1990 325Is from a friend whom I trust. I think it has 200 on the body but like less than 110 max on the engine. Good condition interiorand exterior, lowered(i forget what suspension setup he used :o, but I drove it and it was pretty sweet. I wanna know what I need to look out for cause I have limited experience with e30's. Thanks guys.

blck325is
    Originally posted by csermonet47
    Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Stop being a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles and buy the fucking car.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Depending on what you'll do with the car, the one area I'd want to know about is the suspension. Best to get the car on a rack and check tie rods, control arms, motor mounts, the guibo, etc. for play.

If the springs and shocks have been done, then probably these areas have been addressed, but maybe not. If all that stuff is still original, then it is all going to be pretty worn out.

My '87 325is has 240k on the car, and has had all those things replaced more than once. I will add though that the car sees a lot of time at the track, which accelerates wear.

You'll love the car, just know it's condition so you can keep up on the maintenance. Owning a Bentley Manual for the E30 is a must. You wouldn't go to church without a bible, right?

:-)
      Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
      www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

look for trunk rust..
        90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

Chech the blinker fluid, and of course the afm belt.;)
          Yours truly,
          Rich
          sigpic
          Originally posted by Rigmaster
          you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281
            Chech the blinker fluid, and of course the afm belt.;)
            ^^ Brilliant

Comment

Working...
            X