e30 upholstery service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 upholstery service

Hey e30 community! Just joined recently and really like this site. I've been an E30 enthusiast for about 10 years now and owned 6. My first e30's pearl beige interior unfortunately was trashed at which time I started learning auto upholstery with my mom's old singer sewing machine. 10 years later I have come a lot further than an old singer. I have 3 german made durkopp adler industrial sewing machines. One machine is a double needle post bed 6mm gauge I use to achieve absolutely perfect double top stitching; much better results than using a single needle machine. I have the patterns for all e30 seats including e30 m3 front and rears. I take pride in getting good feedback from customers that order upholstery from me. I use gutermann thread imported from Germany and color and texture matched leather, vinyl and cloth in pretty much all original e30 colors. I work a full time job and do this as a hobby so I can usually be a little more competitive price wise than other places charging 2 or 3 grand for a leather interior. Give me a private message!
    Thanks
    Jude
    Last edited by beem325ix; 11-12-2014, 07:00 PM.

seats are best done on original seats not copied off other seats. each seat cushion is different because of wear, temperature (shrinks,expands), body weight, tear that upholsterers repair before getting the right measurements ect.. seats are best done to your local e30s

But I would be interested in shift boots, shift knobs, steering wheels, but seat umm no..

Comment

waffles?

Comment

Do you have any pictures of work you've done?
        Project
        Feedback

Comment

Yes I will be over the next few weeks be working on building an information page with prices options and pictures. These upholstery kits are excellent for do it yourself enthusiast as they offer many cost savings benefits. Since I have the patterns on hand and I send out just the pre sewn seat covers it saves me a lot of time which is passed down as savings. As for king mufasa who thinks these kits are not practical or yield excellent results that simply is not true. I back my work up 100% and have very happy customers. I don't understand how he can give a respectable option if he has not utilized my services or actually works in upholstery. Many upholstery shops and high end business utilize this same method of upholstery work with great results. I know my customers would be quick to back me up on my quality of work. I simply want to help other e30 enthusiasts save money and get a better end result.

Comment

Do e34 sport seats DIY covers and you have my business.
            1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

`
              Last edited by blunttech; 11-22-2014, 11:16 AM.
              We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
              www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                id love to give you the business
                ;d;d
                1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                  ;d;d
                  Dont get jealous.. Youre my #1 Vintage bitch and always will be
                  We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                  www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Been trying to convert my seats to cloth for the longest time. Would be interested in ordering a set as well. Please post up pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by King Mufasa View Post
                      seats are best done on original seats not copied off other seats.
                      He says he has the patterns - the factory uses patterns. Let's see the goods and judge the quality first.

Comment

I would love to have a kit to redo my cloth sport seats.

Comment

Will you be selling replacement bolsters separately?

My IX has near perfect tan vinyl sport seats, with the exception of the drivers left upper and lower material...as usual...
                          Suspension tips here...
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

I need bolster material only as well, in for reply.
                            1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                            1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                            bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

there's 'no reply at all'

ground control to Major Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X