325is vs eclipse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325is vs eclipse

There is a guy at school sporting a tricked out Eclipse, its somewhere near a 96, at least its that body style. He has a body kit on it and form what i have heard exhaust, short shift, and new throttle body. He has racing seats, so he may have put a little thought into weight reduction, but they may also be for looks. He wants to race a bimmer, cause he says he hasn't before. It will be a drag race, and i'm wondering if me stock 88 325is will be able to take him. I have him beat by the numbers, but it will be cutting it close with the mods he has. He's a nice guy, and it will only be for bragging rights, so I don't want to have some ricer beat my bimmer.
    Gone but not forgotten.

fwd non turbo you will definitely win. awd turbo you will lose. fwd turbo you will prolly lose.

Will
    RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
    Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
    DaveCN = Old Man
    My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
    If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Please go to a professional drag strip to do this... $10-20 a piece and you will have the time slips to prove it.

p.s. - whoop his ass... and Will is pretty accurate with his analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by uflnuceng
        Please go to a professional drag strip to do this... $10-20 a piece and you will have the time slips to prove it.

p.s. - whoop his ass... and Will is pretty accurate with his analysis.
        YESS!^^^ he's right, cheap and official. go get em tiger!

Comment

LOL @ this thread.

Comment

These threads are quite amusing. How long until someone shits on it?
            Back to my roots

Comment

*shit sound* not too long
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

sounds like the kids gotta non-turbo. As long as you can drive, he doesnt stand a chance

www.rimstrader.com

all the parts you need to swap the M30 into your E30 here-> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ght=m30+mounts

99 540i/66 911

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmike
                  sounds like the kids gotta non-turbo. As long as you can drive, he doesnt stand a chance
                  What he says. Now go practice your double clutching.

"Having won more road races than any other model in history, the E30 M3 is considered by many to be the world's most successful road race car." - Simply put, E30s kick ass.

Comment

Originally posted by motorprestige
                    Now go practice your double clutching.
                    sure thing, Dominic Toretto.

hehe.

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
                    HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
                    **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Make the eclipse launch hard once, if it's a 96, it should snap those little twigs up front they call halfshafts. Problem will be solved.

-Charlie
                      Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                      '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                      FYYFF

Comment

I really cannot stress the importance of doing this right. Please please please do not street race. Go to a track and pay the money. If you can't afford it don't race.
                        Yours truly,
                        Rich
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by Rigmaster
                        you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

why dont you just look up published 1/4 mile times of his car. your car will do a 15.4 @ 88mph.

if you dont know the difference between a gs, gs-t, and a gsx then you are naiive. it says right on the back of them, and if it didnt, you should have asked "hey is that a gs-t?".

if its anything with a turbo you will be owned. the gs is slower than shit though.

Comment

Originally posted by ptownTSI
                            why dont you just look up published 1/4 mile times of his car. your car will do a 15.4 @ 88mph.
                            Because a published quarter mile time from 18 years ago means dick...a lot can change in 18 years.
                            sigpic
                            "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by ptownTSI

if you dont know the difference between a gs, gs-t, and a gsx then you are naiive. it says right on the back of them, and if it didnt, you should have asked "hey is that a gs-t?".
                              Thread shit on????

Does this count? That he was slammed for not knowing his ricer models and specs?

Is thread shittin' kinda like the slow clap, where timing is everything?
                              88 325is FOR SALE
                              89 325i FOR SALE
                              95 LR Disco
                              98 Volvo V70XC -FS!
                              25' of oil-stained driveway
                              Travel Kit:
                              M4, FS 92, Mk19, 998

Comment

Working...
                              X