Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is posting a question such a big deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just have one question: what's better, an e30 or a Sentra?
    1976 2002, 1987 325is, s50 1991 touring, 1996 328i vert

Comment

Originally posted by nl328i View Post
      I just have one question: what's better, an e30 or a Sentra?
      All depends, does the e30 have a $700 m30 in it?

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
        Shhhhh don't tell my mom!

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post

It's not about the M30, it's about whether or not the parts used have proper diagrams that display accurate weights and dimensions.

Comment

One of the best tricks I ever learned for searching for stuff on r3v: never use the r3v search, it's not very good. Instead, use google and type this into the search bar: "item you're searching for" site:r3vlimited.com

Say you're looking for a wheel bearing diy, this is what you'd type into google:

Wheel bearing diy site:r3vlimited.com

Then you'll find what you're looking for 99 times out of 100

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
              One of the best tricks I ever learned for searching for stuff on r3v: never use the r3v search, it's not very good. Instead, use google and type this into the search bar: "item you're searching for" site:r3vlimited.com

Say you're looking for a wheel bearing diy, this is what you'd type into google:

I also do this. Works like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post

shit! i just learned sumpin' new!
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

^^ Now that's how you help, fellas. It didn't even hurt, did it?
                  Originally posted by Andy.B
                  Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                  1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                  ~~~~~~~~~~
                  I was born on 3/25…
                  ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Here are some basics everyone should know when doing internet search.

These days, everyone is expected to be up to speed on Internet search techniques. But there are still a few tricks that some users -- and even savvy searchers -- may not be aware of.

Comment

I think OP is frustrated that as soon as he searches for something related to what he is in need of explaining or figuring out the replies lead to "keep searching" probably a lot of cocky 16 years old's But then again their are a lot of questions like can a s50 fit in an e30??

There are many topics related to one thing specific that may touch a bit on what you are looking for but its not either too reliable or its not quite the answer your are looking for.

One example is someone reply's with an image that no longer exist or sarcasm that not to many understand. and a lot of useless question's like "will these wheels fit" instead of measuring or asking for measurements to find the right wheels offset.

I spend a lot of money and figure out things myself as their have been many unreliable and misleading or poorly explained things on the internet, could be many 16 yr old posting 3rd party info which is usually altered after a couple of passes around.

Some mentioned coil overs, you should start by finding out how they work and different technology on them, do some math with your car weight and spring rates and which one suites you. Not ask for butt feels, you might get "butt feels has been asked before plz search"

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
                        Here are some basics everyone should know when doing internet search.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10-...net-searching/
                        I learned a shit-load from that link. Thank you!!
                        Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                        ~~~~~~~~~~
                        I was born on 3/25…
                        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I use google all the time to search forums they have mastered the search engine
                          Using the forum search gets you 95% of crap untelated
                          1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
                          2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
                          2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

What people dont realize is that answers arent always black and white. You can ask the same question 10 times and it can be answered by 10 different people in 10 different ways, which can then take the discussion of the thread into 10 different directions. More information is never a bad thing.

If the person is so concerned with saving themselves time they really shouldnt be taking the time to write out a post telling the op to use the search function or google.
                            Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                              ^^ Now that's how you help, fellas. It didn't even hurt, did it?
                              It stung a little but I feel better now.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Like a vaccination.
                                ~~~~~~~~~~
                                I was born on 3/25…
                                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X