Mike Miller Roundel Quote.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike Miller Roundel Quote.

This is actually on page 119 in the May 2006 roundel.
    [quote]don't be so fast to dismiss the Eta engine. The low end torque of this engine can be a boon on shorter tracks, and you can get another 40+ hp out of it with a simple computer chip from Conforti. Plus it is virtually indestructable.[/QUOTE]
    Discuss if you feel the need.
    Yours truly,
    Rich
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    you kids get off my lawn.....

Id be more than willing to agree that an eta with a chip would be an ideal daily driver (despite I enjoy my 318is more), but on the track? Meh, Id rather have a 325i or a 318is. 5200 rpm redline just isnt going to cut it. Thats lower than my pops Jeep.
    Back to my roots

Comment

chip = 91 octane = boo. that's why mine is out

my pal tracked an eta and would get pwned on the straights, but would pwn anything in the corners.

oh well. Miller likes it shake people up (kinda like how I try to rock the boat sometimes), like his "if you want to race, buy a Honda Accord"

better than just being a bitch and repeating what the mainstream says. still, he meant so say 20+ hp

not that an eta is gonna be as amazing as Josh claims with a chip, but it's not as bad as most complain about. my uncle's isn't. i headers/exhaust, wires, chip, etc. ... not that big of a difference between it and my i, but it lacks top end. lack top end > lack torque though for DD

Comment

I almost bought a really clean ETA a few weeks ago for my DD, felt really slow to me...I bought a civic instead...40+ mpg FTW!!!!
        90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

The lack of high end power might feel slow, but on really tight tracks an eta-equipped E30 is probably pulling nice and strong out of corners wihile an i is still waiting to get back into its powerband. I imagine it would take a pretty tightly laid out auto-x circuit to really make that a significant advantage though...

Comment

Working...
          X