Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning the Undercarriage: How do you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning the Undercarriage: How do you do it?

Apologize if this is in the wrong section, but:

How do you guys clean the undercarriage of your cars?

No salt here, but my car's had a "glaze" of mud on it for the past year and I'm keen on getting it off.
    I have already tried the local coin-wash's "high pressure hose" and "high pressure soap" but to no avail.

Is steam-cleaning really that effective?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

A proper steam-cleaner, like a huge diesel-powered unit we used to use to clean the trucks at work, will do nicely. Coworkers have also cleaned personal cylinder heads, wheels, etc and they all looked 99% when they were done. A buddy's gonna have the underside of his 930 cleaned with CO2(iirc) I think, expensive(like €1200, but he's asking €80k for the thing) but it'll look brand new.
    -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

We use a steam pressure washer on the locomotives at work, even that alone isn't enough for those things though.

If you REALLY want to get it clean, get out a big brush on a stick with some concentrated citrus cleaner AND a pressure washer. That's the only way that works for us.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Scrubbing really is on the only thing that will get it like-new clean. It's a giant pain in the ass and a huge mess. I suggest laying down a tarp under the car, then wearing a face shield while scrubbing.

Comment

Working...
        X