E30 325i, restoration process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 325i, restoration process

Ok, this is what I have planned for the car, firstly I gotta take her to a body shop, to get some minor panelbeating (front left fender bent slightly in behind wheel " highjack attempt",the left front door has also become damaged from that attempt, the arches need to be redone, de-dented, and rolled, the minor dent on the roof), It also is gonna be resprayed it's original colour (polaris metallic silver). I am then gonna get some Alpina copies ( the real one are really expensive and hard to find in 17", and they are hard to find in SA). I'm gonna get them done a sort of Smoke colour, kinda like gun metal, with the lips polished. I'm gonna then fit a nice M-Tech 2 kit. I'm gonna just do a nice drop in suspension, until I can afford some coil overs. The brakes will remain srandard until I can get some E36 M3 Discs and rotors. The only thing that is gonna be done to the motor is a chip, branches and a freeflow, that is until I can save up for the E36 M3 motor (S52 I think?). The interior will probably get an M-Tech 2 Wheel, some nice recoaro's, and some pedals , and I also want to paint the needles on my dials red (anybody know how to do this?). I am also gonna do the usual smoed lights eyelids, etc... , that is all I can think of for now, I would really appreciate comments and suggestion's and idea's.

Thanx
    Steve :D

Oh yeah, and about a year after I do the engine, i'm looking to supercharge it and add a healthy dose of Nitrous, Also this project is gonna be a long time affair and it is my first, this will be one car that I am not gonna sell.

Comment

Ha, way to take my advice :up:

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

It seems like everybody here is a good buch of guys, and I'm hoping I get more of a response here that u know where :?

Comment

:up:
          Sounds like a plan. What is your expected time table?

I know SA has some other rare E30's.... John Player Specials?? Get one of those too! ;)
          Best of luck,
          Chris
          Below the radar...

Comment

Well i'm lookign to be completley finished in about 5yr's but I mean that is everything, most of the things I havn't mentioned. By the end of this year, I want to have the car body done, and the wheels, and then the engine ( chip, etc..), I'm gonna start saving for the motor swap, but at the same time contine with the small things, and the suspension, which is a bitch to get hold of in SA :( (when I cange the suspensiob I gotta get new wheels probably still go for Alpina's , I love the Basketweaves, but they are too small. )

I think the only John Player E30's we got here are in the musenum and they we 325is Evo2 (2.7lt monstors) that they used in our touring car champs. I want to buy a 333i, that thing is king, and they only made 204 of them (about $ 9000). that will only come later, when my attention isn't devoted to this car.

Comment

Working...
            X