Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying 91 325i Touring

Hello,

I am looking at purchasing an imported 91 touring here locally. I used to have an 85 325e way back when but have been lingering in the VVW world lately.

The car is a very clean 91 with 64,000KM's on it.Ther is not much in the way of a service history, but everything looks very tidy. What I want to know is there a service schedule that I need to review and things to look out for in a car of this age.

It was originally imported from Japan and doesn't look like it was driven often. I'm pretty much sold on the car, just need to know what to look out for.
    Thanks.

One key item...timing belt. It's due one by mileage (60K mi) and well over due by age (or 5 years). It just can't be overstated, these do break and toast the engine.

Other wear items include all the rubber, especailly the fuel and brake lines.
    Also chack the steering rack boots for fluid, but this is usually a 100,000 mi item.
    Let's go exploring!

Comment

Welcome to the club. Not much is liable to have gone wrong with a car that's only gone 64k, congrats on an excellent find!
      This is your M20 on steroids:

Comment

Where exactly is 'here locally" ?

And congrats on the purchase if you go through with it .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by BCMike
          One key item...timing belt. It's due one by mileage (60K mi) and well over due by age (or 5 years). It just can't be overstated, these do break and toast the engine.

Other wear items include all the rubber, especailly the fuel and brake lines.
          Also chack the steering rack boots for fluid, but this is usually a 100,000 mi item.
          If it's a '91, there should be a non-Vanos M50 motor in that E34. Hence, no timing belt, no valve adjustments, just oil changes, fresh spark plugs, and an air filter required.

Nice car.

Comment

GET IT!!!! What a excelent rare find with such low miles...Fluids/ pads/hoses/belts and it will be all gravy

lucky dog, ive always wanted one...
            90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

Originally posted by Low Level E30
              If it's a '91, there should be a non-Vanos M50 motor in that E34. Hence, no timing belt, no valve adjustments, just oil changes, fresh spark plugs, and an air filter required.
              Nice car.
              Read it again dude .

He's looking at an E30 touring .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

buy it regardless of anything... those things are rare and hott!!!
                Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer
                  Read it again dude .

He's looking at an E30 touring .
                  Oh yeah --- oops :P

Nice E30. Check the timing belt.

Haha! :D

Comment

Thanks for the backup Teaguer! I do really only try to comment on things I know about.
                    Let's go exploring!

Comment

Working...
                    X