Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People suck ass at driving on the highway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reality: In the last 20 years, the number of vehicles on the road has increased dramatically. Twenty years ago, people were just as bad at driving. There just weren't as many of them.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
    2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
    1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
    1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
    - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
    1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
    Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

I'm colorado and it's the same shit, people drive like idiots. Driving under speed limit on the left lane when there are signs that say, " right lane slow lane!!" Just yesterday I honked at a sheriff as he cut in front of me and proceeded to slow down, I passed him while I honked at him and just gave me a stupid look.
      sigpic
      HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
      " enjoy the show "

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
        I hate it when people swerve and cut people off by bobbing and weaving through traffic.
        ...and here I thought BMW ownership entitles one to drive in this manner
        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
          ...and here I thought BMW ownership entitles one to drive in this manner
          Hardly. Going fast on the freeway is like going fast on the track: smoothness is quickness.
          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

My biggest peeve is one I like to call "The Self-Fulfilling Prophecy."

Typically on a two lane highway - and often during commute hours - the car ahead of me will not keep pace with the car ahead of them, which allows just enough of a gap for someone to make a right turn onto the road we're on, in the direction we're traveling.

This in turn causes the driver ahead of me (usually a woman on her phone) to hit their brakes, then not accelerate to close the gap created by the fact that the car making the right in front of us accelerated quickly to try and not slow us down much, if at all. Rinse and repeat this half a dozen times on my ~12 mile drive to/from the office.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Nebraska has some of the slowest idiotic drivers around. To put it in context I actually enjoyed driving in LA when I was in socal.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Uggh I have nightmares of la traffic
                Nothing compares to the shit show down the

I kid you not in have been in LA traffic from Las Vegas to downtown LA......then I moved outa that state

Comment

LA is life, but LA is also death.
                  world renown Harry Potter expert
                  sigpic

Comment

I treat the highways in LA like a warzone. I see at least one large shredded tire EVERY DAY, probably 3-4 cars broken down on the side of the road every day (about half the time its a flat tire), at least one minor accident per day, and one major accident per week. You'd think that in a state and city where you absolutely rely on your car for everything, people would take better care of them than anywhere else... nope. In addition, living around LA you'd also think that with all of the driving you do, people would be experts driving in traffic etc. also not the case whatsoever.

I used to live in NJ in a suburb of NYC where I thought people couldn't drive for shit, then I moved to LA. I kinda realized the difference seems to be that NJ drivers are bad, but not really "unsafe". They drive like assholes but do it intentionally. Whereas I feel like here in LA, people drive like shitty assholes and they are completely oblivious which is way more dangerous.

Gee I wonder why there are so many fender benders all over the place. You think it could be due to all those dumbasses tailgating each other at 80mph with massive volume traffic and then you get the idiot braking for a "turn" on the highway causing a bull whip behind him/her which catches up to the car 10 cars back who's 10 ft from the car ahead and BOOM . . . . nah

Driving in LA has turned me into a angry driver (also doesn't help I do 100 miles round trip via the 101, 134 and 210 per day).

Only way to survive is to be aggressively defensive.

/rant
                    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                    Shadetree30

Comment

I just gave up riding a motorcycle to work every day because of the madness on the roads. And getting pulled over for legally splitting lanes. I felt like the law was picking on me a bit and with the craziness on my 70 mile round trip commute, I figure God is telling me to get off the bike.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

you can split lanes out there?

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
                          o yea people in cali split lanes like crazy

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
                            You absolutely can. The cop completely lied to my face about splitting lanes. Didn't give me a ticket. But tried to bully me. He also lied about my helmet saying communication device and GoPro are illegal.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Atlanta is pretty darn terrible as well. Not only do you actually come to a dead stop on the freeway in the left lane when all other lanes are moving, but people just have no idea what the rules of the road are anymore! I would venture to guess that 80% of the time they just don't know and the other 20% they just have no common courtesy. Friggin forget about coming to a 4 way stop sign?!!!!! ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

oh and lights on when it's raining!!!! then they wonder why there are so many rear enders happening! again they just don't know.

Comment

Working...
                                X