Body Shops suck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body Shops suck.

2 months after I get my car fixed from getting rear ended I am washing it to find this nice CRACK in my paint near the incedent. The body shop must not have seen it or ignored it completly. Now Theres slight rust and lots of splitting.

I am going back to them Monday. They say they warrenty their work for life. I am gonna make sure they do.

Look right near the Amber of my tailight for the crack.

The car in question.

Sold it.

Yes, body shops do suck.
    Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
      Yes, body shops do suck.
      You got the situation with the shop that painted your car sorted out right?

Sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by BMW BMXER
        Yes, body shops do suck.
        You got the situation with the shop that painted your car sorted out right?
        Not as of yet no
        Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Yes, body shops do suck.
          aint that the truth :curse:
          98 M3/4/5

Comment

They say its the old paint just cracking. And all the did was "blend" there. I figured they would say as much. Offered me touch up paint.

"This ain't over"

Does it look bent under the amber to you (this was before the 'fix')

Sold it.

Comment

Yes they do and warrantys are not worth the spoon they can eat my ass with.

That is what I told the insurance agent. She wanted me to take it to one of thier bodyshops so they would "warranty" the work. I told her she could go get a spoon and call me back.
              Im now E30less.
              sigpic

Comment

Looks like they didn't pull the tail light, and instead masked it. Dumb. You always get a line when you do that. A little freezing weather, and VOILA, the paint starts trying to come off.

I've had paint work done, but before it went in, removed whatever trim, lights, door handles, etc. I thought might cause an issue.

They (or you) should pull the tailight-it's easy- and sand out that cutline, and respray the area.

It's the only way to do it right!

Comment

not all body shops suck...my good frends family owns a body shop, and i love dealing with them, as do ALL of their customers...
                  all of their business is word of mouth, and they dont even advertise. just my
                  IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I think we were all talking in general. There are always exceptions to the rule.

The reason I told my agent to eat me because I took it to a bodyshop that is owned by a friend of my dad. Its not an insurance repair shop, they do mostly customizations.
                    Im now E30less.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X