5 Lug swap + coilover help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 Lug swap + coilover help.

Let me start by saying that I don't know much about suspension so if some of the question are stupid or sound crazy it's simply because of my lack of knowledge on the subject. So, let's begin. First I'll start with what I'm looking to do. I'm looking to five lug swap my e30 because of the better brake option, wheel options, and the fact that I'm swapping engines but mostly I just want a nice stance and for the car to ride and handle nice on the street with occasional tracking. The wheels I'll be running once I swap are 17" style 5s. I'm going to be buying the parts needed to do a e30 m3 5 lug swap new, I know it's expensive and I can get the full set up for way less but they are few and far between and don't pop up often so I'm going this route. Here is a list of all of the part that Im going to ordered.

2 m3 rear hubs
    2 m3 front hubs
    2 m3 rear brake rotors
    2 m3 front brake rotors
    LF/RT tie rods
    Front: LF/RT brake shield
    Rear: LF/RT brake shield
    Front: LF/RT brake caliper
    Rear: LF/RT brake caliper
    Front: LF/RT spring struts
    Rear: LF/RT break pads
    Front: LF/RT break pads

I read that I can use my front and rear sway bars. So I'm going to. If I can't or you don't recommend it please let me know why. I also read that I have to get a different MC because the e30 m3 MC uses a 12mm brake line fitting and a regular e30 has a 10mm fitting. In one write up I read the guy used a MC from an e32 so I think I'm going to go that route.

**This section below is mainly focused on the front struts and wether I would need to buy m3 front struts or not based on which kit I go with, I know with the rears that I'll basically just be swapping in springs and struts**

Now, I want to run coilovers so that I can have the option to adjust my suspension. I'm going with GC (ground control). Now this is where I'm a little confused or could use some guidance. The kit that I was thinking about getting from GC was their complete coilover suspension kit. Here's the link http://www.ground-control-store.com/...hp/II=754/CA=8. Now this kit looks like it comes with front struts, so my question is if I were to buy this kit would I need to buy the OEM e30 m3 front struts? Or would it just be a matter of putting the m3 hub, rotor, brake shield etc on this strut? Also could some one give me some ideas of rates. I want the car to have a nice firm ride but don't want anything to harsh. Now they also have their complete coilover kit. Here's the link http://www.ground-control-store.com/...hp/II=912/CA=8. Now if I understanding this right with this kit all I'll be doing is putting the shock absorber from this kit into the e30 m3 front struts right? In you guys opinion would one kit be better for what I'm trying to do? Thanks in advance and if there's any more info you guys could give me that'll be great.

#Treadlifematters

Comment

Working...
    X