Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted: Forum Detectives! I need help finding my old E30!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted: Forum Detectives! I need help finding my old E30!

Hello all!

I am a first time poster who has hit a snag in the hunt for my first-ever bimmer.

I sold my '91 318IS in the Summer of 2002 and have decided to look around for it in hopes that we can be reunited. There are a few reasons I would like to have this particular car back, rather than buy another: I was the second owner, it was completely unmolested and in impeccable condition (I can't stress this enough), and was imported from Germany by the first owner.

Here are the things I know.
    -I sold it in Murfreesboro TN in 2002
    -I recently found the previous owner who owned it until last year.
    -It was sold to a salvage lot somewhere in Nashville TN
    -I still have the VIN

If anyone has any tips on how to continue my search, let me know!

if it was sold to a salvage lot it's not extremely likely to still exist
    cars beep boop

Comment

As stated above... that car has been crushed and shredded a long time ago.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Sounds like the ship has sailed. Most if not all salvage places destroy the title or remit it to the state for removal from the database and the car is for parts only. Sounds like in the 12+ years it was out of your possession it lived a hard life, or at minimum had a total loss situation.

You can try, but I'm guessing you have 99%/1% chance of it being around.

Comment

What's the VIN?

Comment

cash for clunkers victim?

87 4dr specE30: Bitsy (lurking above), 89 4dr 325i blau, 91 318is brillrot, 90 325ivertbronzit

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
              Sounds like the ship has sailed. Most if not all salvage places destroy the title or remit it to the state for removal from the database and the car is for parts only. Sounds like in the 12+ years it was out of your possession it lived a hard life, or at minimum had a total loss situation.

You can try, but I'm guessing you have 99%/1% chance of it being around.
              Yes I've feared this was the case. There's not much of a reason to basically give it away when there's such a good market for them now...even in poor condition the car could've brought 1-2k rather than a few hundred.

Originally posted by SickFinga View Post
              What's the VIN?
              The VIN is WBAAF931XMEE70623

Thanks for the responses. I understand us car guys aren't magicians, but I thought I would ask for your thoughts!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBiggs View Post
                Yes I've feared this was the case. There's not much of a reason to basically give it away when there's such a good market for them now...even in poor condition the car could've brought 1-2k rather than a few hundred.

The VIN is WBAAF931XMEE70623

Thanks for the responses. I understand us car guys aren't magicians, but I thought I would ask for your thoughts!
                The car is in New Jersey now.

Comment

that was awesome to watch haha
                  Originally posted by unloadedak
                  It's brand new. I've gripped the shaft a couple times and that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by SickFinga View Post
                    The car is in New Jersey now.

http://i.imgur.com/DtdiuUP.png

Wowwwwwwwwwwww. I'm so glad she isn't crushed. How do you folks think I should proceed now? I would hopefully like to track down the owner but I would probably have to do a detailed title check somehow.

Edit: Yeah I can mail the DMV-NJ but I would have to be the vehicle owner. I may have to enlist a Private I or something. Haha
                    Last edited by MisterBiggs; 10-21-2015, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Vlad has it now. It's getting an mtech3 kit and numerous photoshoots with Russian transsexuals.

I would drink heavily tonight and try to forget the whole thing.
                      world renown Harry Potter expert
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                        Vlad has it now. It's getting an mtech3 kit and numerous photoshoots with Russian transsexuals.

Build Threads:
                        Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

I don't want to say lol but this actually made me laugh
                          Originally posted by Vokuhila
                          I laughed, and then I serioused

Comment

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

This Car is currently In my Hometown! I am from Island Heights NJ!
                              Bmw CCA # 490080

1995 525iA RIP
                              1987 325e Cirrusblau-Metallic/Pacific Blue (Daily)

DSC_1725 by Matthew Johnson, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X