Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part ID Help - lead to brake wear sensor. Have pics and some info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part ID Help - lead to brake wear sensor. Have pics and some info.

Hey guys,

I'm overhauling the wiring harness in my M3 and am stumped on this one.

The housing for the lines that break out of the main harness to go to the brake wear sensor have become brittle and dry rotted over time, so i want to replace them while the harness is out.

ECS lists p/n 61121367674, which is this:

My line looks JUST like that except it has two lines instead of three:

The thicker rubber areas on mine are mounting points and a protective cover, which oddly are different part numbers.

Anyways - has anyone done this repair before? IF so care to enlighten me? If i cant find the right PN I'll probably just recover the existing line with some heavy duty shrink wrap that will hopefully take exposure better than this one did.

Thanks!

Looks like the 3rd wire is for grounding. So long as the connector fits you should be ok to use the new part.
    sigpic
    1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
    I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Comment

You can see the ring terminal next to the main plug. I would just pull that wire out of the tube and use just the two.

Comment

Yeh. Thought about that approach but if the new wire is like my original one the rubber is actually extruded around the wires, meaning pulling one out will leave a gap in the housing. Might be worth a try though. That or dust off my McMaster Carr catalogue and start looking at different gauges of heat shrink tubing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X