Anyone know e30 crash test ratings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know e30 crash test ratings?

I know I have tried to find them before out of curiosity, but has anyone ever seen anything about the ratings the e30 got? I have always wondered how our cars are actully rated, I know they fair well considering weight, but I have never seen anything offcial.
    01 325Ci
    87 325iS w/ M30B35 swap

If you went to a library and got old Consumer Report magazines where they compare models there would probably be some information they would have gleaned from US Govt crash testing.

Compared to Hondas and Toyotas of that same era, the 3 Series was considered a better car to be in during a crash. If you compare the original sales brochures of the cars you would see that BMW spent a couple of pages explaining all of their safety features, way before it was vogue to do so.
    Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
    www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

I'm sure if you can't find the official ratings, just do a search of the phrase "r3v'd" and piece together the crash stories of fellow forum members to piece together an overall crash test rating
      San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

Originally posted by BimmerToad
        I'm sure if you can't find the official ratings, just do a search of the phrase "r3v'd" and piece together the crash stories of fellow forum members to piece together an overall crash test rating

lol
        90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

Bmw's are the safest cars in the world. Along with Benz.

Old and New.

Comment

excellent

hey you live in Dracut?
            Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

I dunno about all that. In the Euro NCAP test the E36 got 1.5 stars out of 5 for frontal collision, with the driver taking the brunt of the damage. Of course, the E30 could be better in a crash than the E36, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

Originally posted by whysimon
              WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK
                I dunno about all that. In the Euro NCAP test the E36 got 1.5 stars out of 5 for frontal collision, with the driver taking the brunt of the damage. Of course, the E30 could be better in a crash than the E36, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.
                Yeah, European crash tests of the E30 rate it pretty poorly in front end crashes.

A testiment to this would be the comparitive minimal amount of damage a lot of e30s have suffered when you thought that the car would be destroyed.

Comment

I remember a british car show (5th Gear, IIRC) put up a Volvo (850?) up against a E34 in a head on crash at 50-60mph and neither car faired well. Both wrecks had substantial passenger compartment intrusion. Granted that is a head on with both cars going 50-60mph towards eachother.

Comment

40 MPH in any car can be fatal though, all depends on variables.
                    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                      40 MPH in any car can be fatal though, all depends on variables.
                      Like whether or not you fall off the road at 40mph into a Volcano caldera full of molten rock

Comment

Suprise peep attack.
                        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

In the US NHTSA crash test, the 1991 E30 325i coupe received three stars out of five for the driver's side. The test involved crashing the vehicle into a barrier at 35 mph.

SaferCar.gov is now NHTSA.gov. You can search for vehicle ratings and do recall checks on vehicles, tires, car seats, and more.

Originally posted by whysimon
                          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint
                            excellent

hey you live in Dracut?

Yeah, I have been in Dracut for most of my life., How bout u?
                            01 325Ci
                            87 325iS w/ M30B35 swap

Comment

I live in Springfield but I drive all over MA for work and my g/f lives in Newton or Wellesley depending on if she is in school or not.
                              Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Working...
                              X