buying my headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buying my headers

What are the advantages of the long tube IE headers over the shorties? alot more flow or what? I'm getting ready to order mine..
    90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Longer primary tubes do a couple of things. Higher scavenging effect, at lower RPM, gives better torque. This is caused by a lower resonant frequency of the primary tube itself, os the added torque is almost guaranteed.

Longer primary tubes also keep exhaust gasses at a higher velocity further down the exhaust, so more flow happens in general.

Are they ready to ship yet?

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
      Longer primary tubes do a couple of things. Higher scavenging effect, at lower RPM, gives better torque. This is caused by a lower resonant frequency of the primary tube itself, os the added torque is almost guaranteed.

Longer primary tubes also keep exhaust gasses at a higher velocity further down the exhaust, so more flow happens in general.

Are they ready to ship yet?

Luke
      I dunno, i havnt placed my order yet, im gonna call and ask them after lunch today..
      90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

Comment

Does the explanation of why longer primary tubes work better make sense to you?

I thought they weren't available yet. I hope they are. Get 'em on there!

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

just talked to them, they will be available at the end of next week...

Ahhhh one more week of having to drive a damn honda!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by german g
            just talked to them, they will be available at the end of next week...

be careful they have been saying that since mid April on these headers. everyone is waiting on them. They are just a reseller like everyone else that has these for sell. They are all waiting for the shipment "that comes in next week"

Im ready for 2 sets too. :(

Comment

Originally posted by nitro325is
              be careful they have been saying that since mid April on these headers. everyone is waiting on them. They are just a reseller like everyone else that has these for sell. They are all waiting for the shipment "that comes in next week"

Im ready for 2 sets too. :(
              damn, i didn't know that , my exhasut is fucked and I need them for when I get my custom pipe made dammnit!!!!!!!!!!! I MISS DRIVING MY BIMMER!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X