My trip to Germany!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My trip to Germany!

For the most part, unfortunetly, in the eyes of my camera phone. Ever since Mariano started posting his adventures, I decided to post some of mine as well.

So onto the trip!

I arrived in Stuttgart and rested in the afternoon. I figured I'd use the night to go out. This is the first thing I saw right off the bat:

Had some beers and went back home and passed out. The next morning I walked along the Konigstrasse (King street) and bought myself a Puma hat. The Konigstrasse is a huge street, in between the train station (with a huge rotating MB logo) and another building with a huge Bosch sign.

The next day I went out with some family, who took me out in the Autobahn (in a Renault Twingo :( ) to show me the Schwarzwald. We stopped by a small town called Waldenbuch and went into the Rittersport museum/factory. You dont know what real chocolate is until you try theirs.

I met up with my great uncle, who was a former driver for MB and Porsche. It turned out that I got to Stuttgart right at the same time that the new MB museum was inaugurated.... so I managed to sneak in and get in there during the opening day! I got there 1/2 hour before the museum opened and the line was huge already. When I got out, it was 3x longer.

I used my real camera for some pics inside.... sparing every possible megabyte on the good camera for later pictures.

Then before I left Stuttgart, my great uncle took out his weekend car and took me to the Solitude Rally (or where it used to be). It was awsome because he used to race there a lot before they closed down the circuit and made it a public road. So technically you can drive most of the circuit just like the old races!!! It was a blast and I popped my Carrera S cherry... and I was amazed at how well those Porsches behave. It's not really about the power, but how well balanced they are. Amazing!

-------

Pretty tourist right? Where's all the partying?! Well since I was in my family's town, I decided to spend that time with them so not much happened. But it did not take long until I took the ICE to Munich.

I went to Wombat's Youth Hostel, which is a must to anyone who stops by Munich. 22 Euro a night, with bathrooms in each room, and a free beer coupon!!!!

So I made some friends who wanted to go to Neuschwanstein.... since it was recommended here on r3v before I went, I jumped in the train with them and went to see what it was all about. Crowded much?

Unfortunetly no pictures were allowed inside. It was, however, a 3 hour trip each way from Munich to Fussen, where the castle is located. So when I came back, I arrived just in time for happy hour.... and then for the beer marathon :)

More pics later on
    - Erick
    Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
    FullOpp Stickers for sale!
    NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
    Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

let the games begin

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
    1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
    1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

I wish the MB museum would have been open last year... The rest of that stuff I saw when I was there. The castle was pretty neat, huh?
      Slicktop City!

Comment

w00, I went to the MB museum and Neuschwanstein too...pretty amazing.

Comment

nice sig, DAWG!

Mariano

Comment

It's all good fellas...... whoever missed the MB Museum can make it up next year when BMW opens the BMW Welt (World).

And speaking of which.... I left off in Munich... BMW HQ. But I wasnt going to stop by just that quick.

It's 5pm.... Happy hour. I come across two guys who were living in Austria for a year and heading back to the US..... we get two girls to tag along and after finishing two mugs of beer, we decide to head out to the Hofbrauhaus.

Beer marathon, continue! @ the Hofbrauhaus already:

I dunno about you.... but I"m pretty happy:

Maybe too happy.... and I must thank beer goggles for this one:

I have worst pics of the above, but I'll leave it at that. So we went to their little Bavarian live band in the middle of the bar and we start dancing to their music.

While the girls danced by themselves..... we realized how bad our beer goggles were and we decided to dip..... without them. Got lost and miraculously ended up at the hostel about an hour later.

Next morning, happy and without remembering much from the pictures, I head off my way to Olympia Park. I suddenly found myself going the right way.

BMW Welt.... coming in 2007!

BMW Mobile tradition:

And once again the good camera kicks in.

Hey! A car being rebuilt inside the museum! MB Museum didnt have THAT!

WACK offset!

So I left... went back walking around Munich. Passed by a familiar place:

And spotted this there:

And then I hit up the Deustches Museum!

A cookie to who figures out what motor this is :)

And by the time I was back at the hostel I was just in time for happy hour. Started playing pool and I came across more friends.... quickly got drunk and met some group of international business students from Kansas, spending time here as a part of class and obviously with vacation purposes too.

Found myself a girl for the night.... and after hitting up a bar with her friends we went for a walk. Came across one of the funniest guys ever. If would look in the dictionary for politically incorrect you should find a picture of this guy:

Then we sat at one of the tables of a closed bar by Mariensplatz:

The rest of that stays with me :)

So next morning...... yea... that stays with me as well. lol

After I left the hostel, I went to Regensburg for the day. In the winter semester I took a German course, and my teacher was from there. Her husband owned a pizzaria @ the Regensburg Uni. I met him during class and I tried to stop by and say what's up, but it turned out it was a holiday so no luck there:

But Regensburg is a beautiful city..... barely touched by the Allied forces in WWII... huge cathedrals...... but guess what I was taking pictures of?

Yep..... from there I head back to Munich again for my last night in the main Bavaria region. I was then to head north to meet up with none other than Max Webster.... the euro parts pimp himself.

More of that to come!
            - Erick
            EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

Feedback Thread

Comment

fucking a bro...looked like fun!!!!!!!!
              90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

good thread

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

awesomne pics mariano!
                  Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                  Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzen View Post
                    awesomne pics mariano!
                    hahaha......

Mariano

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z View Post
                      hahaha......

Mariano

Feedback Thread

Comment

Working...
                      X