Newbie trying to sell my E30, but need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    While it's fine by me if the OP reabsorbed in to the hedge we do seem to be suffering from a lack of qualified new contributors to r3v.

Further, many of the noobs aren't even fun to play with as they make a post or two, get a little bit of flack and bail without retuning fire.
    R3v definitely isn't the same as it was 10 years ago. The last good one I can remember is the salvage title and wanting loads of money thread, months ago.
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I had to dig around to find some recently decent threads (avoiding P&R..)

There's been a few notables:

Salvage title, seriously wtf - That guy went from Salty to Banned in record time I think.

Part Deux

Course, one of the better recent ones:

Safe to drive on this? - that was just good clean fun.

There's been some fun in the Off Topic areas. But no, there hasn't been any Trina-tastic threads lately. I think most of those people have moved to FB.
      Last edited by djjerme; 02-14-2017, 12:23 PM.
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

"Verts are super difficult to sell, especially non-running. Most people would rather get a clapped out coupe than a minty vert, it's crazy, but true. Also since more verts are sitting around waiting for the right buyer, it drags the cost down."

I object Sir! All depends where you are located. Sure in places like Oakland where it gets cold and rains in an instant, but in sunny places like San Diego and South Florida a vert is the bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          While it's fine by me if the OP reabsorbed in to the hedge we do seem to be suffering from a lack of qualified new contributors to r3v.

Further, many of the noobs aren't even fun to play with as they make a post or two, get a little bit of flack and bail without retuning fire.

Newb here.

I agree the participation trophy generation does not respond well to friendly banter.
          There was a thread on a forum I've participated in for 10 + years recently (TCL) about the changing nature of topics discussed as members age and no fresh blood comes in. What was noted there is that most car discussions now also contain a discussion of the persons overall financial health and retirement savings. a slant newbs might find boring.

Here I wonder if new enthusiasts can't afford E30 s as the prices rise. The high cost of entry kept me out of one 2 years ago, I ended up with an E36 M instead.
          1991 318iC
          1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Working...
          X