autocross car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

autocross car

I've been building a car for racing which I have reported here before. Started with a stock 90 325is and added a complete Ireland race package. For tires, I thought I might as well try out the spec E30 tire which is required to be a Toyo RA1 in a size 205/50/15. I had some 16 inch centerline wheels on this car so they had to go for the time being. I acquired a set of 15 inch rims that came on a parts car that I picked up at the salvage auction in Vegas. The wheels are from a company called "Zehnder". I haven't seen them on any E30s that have pictures posted here or any of the other E30 web sites. Does anyone recognize them?

I'd like to know more about these wheels... weight, price, model number, etc.... if anyone can help me here. I'd also like to pick up a couple of spare rims.

Here they are:
    Attached Files
    Richard

Those are Zender Challange rims 15x7 Mine are et 10, but they also have an et40 offset fitment I believe.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3 View Post
      Those are Zender Challange rims 15x7 Mine are et 10, but they also have an et40 offset fitment I believe.

ok... noobie question: How can I tell which offset mine are, and what advantage do the different offsets bring?

BTW, thanks for clearing that up... I lived in Switzerland for a while and a common swiss name is Zehnder... once I put "zender" into google, I found all sorts of references to the wheels.
      Richard

Comment

should be marked somewhere on the back side, Mine sit way out, and I had to roll the fenders to get 225 tires to clear. Bavauto.com still sells new ones if you need a spair.

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3 View Post
          should be marked somewhere on the back side, Mine sit way out, and I had to roll the fenders to get 225 tires to clear. Bavauto.com still sells new ones if you need a spair.

well, you answered my next question, and I didn't even get a chance to ask it. Thanks again. My next step is to try a set of Kumho V710s on the 16 inch CenterLine rims. I was wondering if 225/50s would fit. It will be interesting to see how the RA1s stack up to the larger V710s.
          Richard

Comment

as you can see with the Et10 offset they realy fill in the fenders. I actualy rolled the fenders when I had 205's on as I planned to get 225's. so I'm not 100% sure if it was needed or not. My wheels came off an E21 which is why the offset is so high, but i like the look.

Comment

Now you have me worried... I will have to call Bavarian Motorsport to make sure the wheels have the et10 offset. Through Google, I found some Zender wheels being sold by a VW aftermarket company in CA that were cheaper, but I assume that they have the et40 offset since they were being sold for front wheel drive Jettas and GTIs.

BTW, nice car, have you done anything to your ETA engine?
              Richard

Comment

Ya, the eta engine is now a 2.7i stroker :)
                As for the offset I was worried when I got mine, as the seller had no idea, they came off an E21, and I found they either made et10 or et40 fitment. You can make the et40 fit with some spacers.

Comment

I checked my rims today. They are stamped 25 on the rear behind a letter "e". The ones Bavarian Auto are selling are also 25s so I ordered a spare.

I guess this means that I'm going to need 15mm spacers to fit 225s on like you have on yours.
                  Richard

Comment

maybe, maybe not. The correct offset for the e30's is ET20ish. So Et 25 may work just fine. You'll probally be close to the strut housing up front.

Comment

ET25 will be fine.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Working...
                      X