• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaseb124
    replied
    Originally posted by tak7 View Post
    I'm flying in to buy it.
    I think im gonna grab it, thanks for all of the advice guys!

Leave a comment:

• tak7
    replied
    I'm flying in to buy it.

Leave a comment:

• Javier h
    replied
    Interesting

If you really like that car (color) and if he has the records of the timing belt, I say offer $2700. It needs repairs. Is the AC working? odometer? Mileage?

I can tell he doesn't want it especially after owning it for a year.

Tell him that's all you have. If he doesn't take it, just walk away. It sounds as if you really want plastic bumpers anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Chaseb124
    replied
    [QUOTE=jeffnhiscars;4798131]
    Originally posted by Chaseb124 View Post

nope. Im thinking this car is too nice for you and that you should go find a plastic bumper car you can hack up

I don't plan on really hacking anything up, I live at altitude so I just want something that's fun up the canyon, but canyon cruising is plenty fun asking as it will make it up hills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jeffnhiscars
    replied
    [QUOTE=Chaseb124;4798129]
    Originally posted by grimm View Post

Are swaps any worse on early models compared to a late model

nope. Im thinking this car is too nice for you and that you should go find a plastic bumper car you can hack up

Leave a comment:

• Chaseb124
    replied
    [QUOTE=grimm;4798127]
    Since early models were jetronic is it even possible to turbo something like that or could I swap in the m20 from a later model or maybe an m50 or something of sorts

The M20 is a Motronic system, its also a high compression I believe 11:1 ratio "high octane fuel will be your friend" . They've got torque for days. not to sure about trying to hook up a turbo tho.

Are swaps any worse on early models compared to a late model

Leave a comment:

• jeffnhiscars
    replied
    It's no where near 11:1.

Just read this then go buy that puppy

Build sheet Owner                 Nick head                    731 with 42mm intake valves fitted (std 885 head) and Rhd porting Cam                     custom low comp grind 272 duration 11mm lift Bottom end         Stock low compression eta 2.7, 135mm rods, 8.5:1 pistons Intake                  RHD ITB's Continue Reading

Leave a comment:

• grimm
    replied
    [QUOTE=Chaseb124;4798113]Since early models were jetronic is it even possible to turbo something like that or could I swap in the m20 from a later model or maybe an m50 or something of sorts

The M20 is a Motronic system, its also a high compression I believe 11:1 ratio "high octane fuel will be your friend" . They've got torque for days. not to sure about trying to hook up a turbo tho.

Leave a comment:

• jeffnhiscars
    replied
    You will kick yourself if you don't.

Leave a comment:

• Chaseb124
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
    Im not sure if its jetronic or motronic 1.0 but you can swap or upgrade in just about anything.

Give me the guy's number so I can ask him if he will ship it to me so I can tweak, flip and make a few $$

No no no, you guys are pushing me to buy it right now haha

Leave a comment:

• jeffnhiscars
    replied
    Im not sure if its jetronic or motronic 1.0 but you can swap or upgrade in just about anything.

Give me the guy's number so I can ask him if he will ship it to me so I can tweak, flip and make a few $$

Leave a comment:

• Chaseb124
    replied
    Originally posted by grimm View Post
    Early model or not, it looks to be in great shape and with 100k that might as well be new "for an e30", the late 80's 325's are bulletproof. One spot you might want to double check for rust would be in the truck underneath the battery sometimes the drain lines from the sunroof come off or decay and will rust out that section. I'd say its a steal for 3k

I'll ask him about it, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• grimm
    replied
    Early model or not, it looks to be in great shape and with 100k that might as well be new "for an e30", the late 80's 325's are bulletproof. One spot you might want to double check for rust would be in the truck underneath the battery sometimes the drain lines from the sunroof come off or decay and will rust out that section. I'd say its a steal for 3k

Leave a comment:

• Chaseb124
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
    or you will learn to love them lol

Since early models were jetronic is it even possible to turbo something like that or could I swap in the m20 from a later model or maybe an m50 or something of sorts

Leave a comment:

• jeffnhiscars
    replied
    Jealous, it is clean, and I'm sure I could make the bumpers look to my liking

or you will learn to love them lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X