325ix UP IN SMOKE.....LITERALLY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325ix UP IN SMOKE.....LITERALLY

heeey i donno if you all know who i am or what i have been doing latley but my ix has been in the shop for the past 3 weeks getting a new motor put in and a full inspection done to the car...

i mean everything is being done to this car making sure its running right and in tip top shape....

welll

the car is @ a shop which is attached to my fathers office building (he is a general contractor and owns the building and has two tennants...one of them the car shop working on my ix and the other an insulation company)

well the insulation company caught on fire today...thus the entire building caught on fire today, with my ix in it ( the car garage was on the opposite end of where the fire started but it spread pretty good and when i left the scene the car shop was consumed with smoke)

so i have no clue whats left of my ix....i was supposed to get it out of the shop TODAY and the friggggennn building catches on fire!!!

:firehop:

ehhh so thats beeen my day...ive been dying to have my ix back but it seems like i may have to wait a little longer...or get a new car
    e30s r kool

Wow that sucks

For your car and your dad's building. Hopefully you have a good insurance company.

Comment

I work right off 140 . that fire had the road shut down all day. sorry about your car. keep your eyes open youll find another one.
      Hope everything works out for you and your dad.
      We're out there in here.

Comment

thanks all hopefully its in one piece still when i go see it
        e30s r kool

Comment

Originally posted by vivalegreg View Post
          thanks all hopefully its in one piece still when i go see it
          That sucks man. So you don't know if your car is all smokey or compleatley burned up? What motor were you getting? Sorry for your loss as well as your dad's.
          Originally posted by cabriodster87
          "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
          Originally posted by Kershaw
          i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

i was getting another m20b25 in it, and just getting the entire car up to par...

so yea im not sure if its all smoked out...which it would be cause it was on the lift when it happened and we are talking burning chemicals and plastic....or chargrilled burnt to the ground....
            e30s r kool

Comment

even if the car didnt get burned its gonna stink forever

sorry to hear
              Originally posted by blunt
              can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Sucks man, sounds like youll have to replace the interior before you get the smell out.
                Back to my roots

Comment

blahhhhhh
                  e30s r kool

Comment

heres the smoke....the ix is still alive....interior is totally smoked damaged (i assume and was told by the shop) even though i have yet to smell any of it as it is still on the lift right now and they have no power to get it down.....

but yea now i have to wait for them to take it to Another garage so they can finish the work on it so its gonna take even longer to get it back and.....

its gonna smell like pooooo

no fun, atleast my car is still in one piece tho

any clue as to how much a new interior would cost?? and what the insurance of the shop my give me???
                    e30s r kool

Comment

man that really sux bro..make sure nothing is melted..
                      90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

Ttiwwop

Comment

I have a full tan interior if interested. Includes sport seats, door skins, rear skins, rear seat, rear parcell shelf, carpet.

p.m if interested, willing to let go asap/cheap. collecting dust in my garage
                          Located in NH

Comment

so i checked out the ix finally today...interior doesnt smell as bad as i would have expected...it has to be sent to another shop for its work to be completed....this waiting is killin me
                            e30s r kool

Comment

I expect a professional car detailer will be able to eliminate the smoke smell. I know there's a lady in my town that details cars who can get any smell removed from a car.

Comment

Working...
                              X