E39 540i ZF 5HP-24 Auto. trans Q:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E39 540i ZF 5HP-24 Auto. trans Q:

Hey guys, doesn somebody knows what another equivalent transmision fluid can be used in this trans besides the long life BMW fluid or OEM fluid? Happens that we don't have in my country right know, not even the BMW dealer and we need it in quick.

USA doesn't sell the fluid either, unless I buy a 55 gallon cylinder wich is stupid to buy, just think about the price.

I have in my shopp Chrysler ATF +4 wich is long life fluid for auto. trans also, and have a code variant made only for be used for Crossfire and Sprinter ( Mercedes Benz trans) automatic transmision models and I'm not sure if would be the same for thiz ZF trans.

Anyone have any experience? I just don't want to screw the rebuild kit I installed in this trans.

Thank a lot.

Diego
    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

ESSO ATF
    A5S 440Z
    LT71141
    I think you can get it from a VW dealership.
    :wgaf:

Comment

Originally posted by ZinRot325i View Post
      ESSO ATF
      A5S 440Z
      LT71141
      I think you can get it from a VW dealership.

are you 110% is the same fluid or can be used as well for BMW tranny?

thanks!
      Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

I changed the oil on a friend's 540 and we used that based on a recommendation from our mechanic....it's fine about 10k miles later.
        They use it in the e38 740/50 as well.
        But there are references:

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

There you go!

Comment

awesome! thanks a lot for the info!!

:D

Comment

I just called at the VW dealer, gave him the fluid code, but seems they don't know it witht that code, but he told me they use the follow fluid for:

Auto. trans Fluid V.W (EYP) (GMZ)
            VW BORA (Jetta) 2006
            VW GOLF 2005
            POLO 03-05 (BRASILIAN model)

Wonder what tranny they use and if that fluid is the same the one I need?

Comment

It's probably the same brand, AMSOIL synthetic ATF meets the same standard as well.

Oh and Valvoline Mercon V is compatable too.

Comment

The part number for the Esso fluid from the VW dealership is: # G 052 162 A2
                I got it for $13 a quart when I had to change the tranny fluid in our `02 325iT with the ZF 5HP19, it was not very fun.
                Past: 1991 330is; 1995 318ti; 1993 325is; 1997 318ti; 1989 332is; 1999 Z3 M Coupe

Comment

Working...
                X