Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buy a brand new M3 sedan or an E30 M3 and a restored 2002?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
    IMHO

It’s way more fun growing slower in a 2002 or an e30 M3 than any new bmw
    This.

Not only are you less likely to get a ticket, but people won't I think you're just some sort of jerk driving an expensive car.

Personally I would do it the opposite way most others seem to, and get a slow, fun car for the weekdays, while having something blisteringly fast the weekends so I can give myself a good scare once in awhile.

Comment

And the fact nobody is going to slow down, smile, nod their head, and give you a thumbs up driving any modern BMW. Every time I drive my tii someone waves and/or wants to talk about the time they owned a 2002.
      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I must be different than everyone else...

I've been daily driving my 2017 6spd M3 Comp for a little over a year now. I bought it 1 year old with <6000 miles. Since then, I drive 50 miles round trip, every day sitting in traffic. It's definitely fun and comfortable, but I don't think I get half of the broken necks and thumbs ups compared to my E30 that I only drive every once in a while.

I bought the new car because I was DDing my S52 E30 for a while and got tired of the tinkering, loudness and roughness. I am not saying that I don't enjoy me E30, but its just an older car. I call it a hot rod compared the the F80. Having the new tech and all of the "nice to haves" is actually pretty.... nice to have. The clutch is really nice, its cool being able to go to from mild to wild with a click of a button, nice stereo, etc. Yanno.. new car stuff.

I'm not sure if you'd be daily driving your new car, but I'd highly recommend going with the F80 regardless. The E30 M3 and the 2002 are both amazing machines but treatchoself.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

E9x + 2002

v8

sounds good

looks better IMO

V8

eight cylinders
          Originally posted by wholepailofwater
          Q
          :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by Colt601 View Post
            Background:

I'd be looking at around $85k for either option. What would you do?
            I would sell you my 88 M3 :-)

Comment

Buy the 2 classics finance the new one?:devil:
              OO=[][]=OO
              @speeedshop
              @mradams

Comment

Working...
              X