• Show
Clear All

Buying an Electric Impact gun?

Who has one?

How do you like it?

What brand is it?

How long is the battery life?

Cost?

They're surprizingly decent, i don't know the brands i've used, but i've used two.

Comment

I own a Milwaukee. It works great. The cheap ones don't have as much torque.
      Battery life is normal for a cordless tool.
      I wouldn't buy a cheap one. You would probably be disappointed and it might end up collecting cobwebs.---Steve

Comment

Corded or cordless?
        I have a cordless 14.4 volt Milwaukee.
        Battery lasts very long and charges relatively quickly.
        I use it mostly on my motorcycle and dont know how I lived with out it.

Hunter
        We're out there in here.

Comment

Cordless. I have air for garage now. This is for going to junkyards or an Auto X event so on.

I was thinking in the 14.4V and up range. I looked at a Dewalt on last night but Home Depot want $329 for it. I will be looking around at others sources now.

Comment

I have a Snap On impact.

There isn't a better on the market.

Comment

I have an Montgomery-Ward electric impact that my father in law bought for me at an estate sale for $5. I fucking love it.

Comment

I own a Millwaukee 18V cordless. It's freaking awesome. I use it a lot since I go to a large number of DE's throughout the year. It makes changing from street to track tires a snap. Battery life is pretty standard. I'll get a whole weekend on one battery if it's been charged before the school. That equates to about 16-20 or so tires being changed (that's if there's rain that weekend too). I can't remember exactly how much it was, but I think it was about $350 a year or two ago. Well worth it for me, but if you don't change your tires all that often, then I wouldn't advise you to buy one that is that expensive.

Comment

I want this for speeding up parts yanking at the yard also.

Trent yeah Snap-On is the industry standard but budget will not allow this unless I find one used off the truck.

Budget is gonna be about $250 so sounds like I need to save a few bucks more.

Comment

Has anybody used the Mac 19.2v gun? If so, how do you like it? I've been thinking about picking one up.

-Erik

Comment

Do you already have a cordless drill??

If so, just use that to zip lugs on and off- you'll have to crack them loose with a breaker bar (but you'd probably have to do that with alot of impact guns anyway), and you'll have to do the final torque with a torque wrench.

Other than that, all you need is a 3/8" or 1/2" socket adapter to fit in the drill chuck and you're all set.

I use my 12v Dewalt drill sometimes in the junkyard for the same thing- just crack the fastener loose with a breaker bar or ratchet, then zip it off with the drill. Ditto for the track.

Bret

Comment

i have both snap on and milwaukee-love them both sp at the salvage yards,that milwaukee 18v at 240lb reverse torque can really speed up tire dismounts and subframe bolt disassembly(after breaking them loose),i would also suggest makita....

Comment

I've got a Makita corded one. Fucking beast. I've never encountered a nut on my car that it couldn't get off.
                          Originally posted by Gruelius
                          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

MAKITA Cordless, there are several modles, the 12 Volt or 12.2 what ever it is is what I use. Is awesome.

Comment

Damn...I just finished getting all new air tools! :) Now I have to go and get an electric one too! :D
                              '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X