• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+20hp

I changed my fuel filter. :D

Must have been a DIRTY filter. lol

Comment

how long do fuel filters last before needing replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
        how long do fuel filters last before needing replacement?

yeahh i would like to know tooo :)
        IT IS BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES - emiliano zapata!

Comment

Preventative maintenance. It is cheap. Do it often
          '96 328is
          '97 m3
          '04 zhp

Comment

Originally posted by Mless5 View Post
            Preventative maintenance. It is cheap. Do it often
            Like, how often?

Comment

A fuel filter can clog from just one really bad tank of gas.

I believe it's scheduled for every 50k miles or so....normaly anyways.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

How did you know it was +20 hp? Just feel like it? Change it every 10k miles.
                Originally posted by cabriodster87
                "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
                Originally posted by Kershaw
                i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Felt like a lead weight when i took it off, Hayne's manual suggests it every 24 months, i can't remember the mileage, i'm away from home.

Helped with regular throttle and made a huge difference in high throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by O 16581 72452 5 View Post
                    Felt like a lead weight when i took it off, Hayne's manual suggests it every 24 months, i can't remember the mileage, i'm away from home.

Helped with regular throttle and made a huge difference in high throttle.

Sweet, and it was pretty easy too? I will do mine when I do my gas tank (it's only the best time to do it lol)
                    Originally posted by cabriodster87
                    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
                    Originally posted by Kershaw
                    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike325 View Post
                      Sweet, and it was pretty easy too? I will do mine when I do my gas tank (it's only the best time to do it lol)
                      Mine was very easy, it's on the driver's side in front of the rear wheel, you can't miss it. Two hose clamps held it on and two hose clamps connected it inline before a pressure regulator, if you're not lowered, you can probably do it without a jack.

They cost $15.99 at Autozone.

Comment

I need a new one badly. Hmm.. next summer I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by O 16581 72452 5 View Post
                          They cost $15.99 at Autozone.
                          CRAP, that's the first and last part I'll ever get from the dealer. I got charged 34 bucks. :crazy:

Comment

$34 isn't too bad still, i bought one from Autozone for both Hondas i used to own, i remember it being over $40.

One of the first things i do to any car i buy, i usually find them to be the origional ones from the factory.

Makes a huge difference almost every time i put one in.

Comment

When you changed this did you also change the fuel separator?

Comment

Working...
                              X