Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what would you do to the e30 with $2000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what would you do to the e30 with $2000?

im about to recieve $2000.

and its all going to the e30.

what would you do?
    Not turbo yet.

I already have, z4 Shifter, Full exhaust, headers-> IE catback with new pipes and cats. ported head, decently fresh. new head gasket kit.

need...

Suspension rebuild to be done for Sure. (give me tips/ ideas/ suggestions)

Bottom end work needed for sure (maybe pilot bearing, would get new clutch/ lightweight flywheel.)

Wheels.

some money is going to the valence update, i needs fogs and an is lip.

and other.

let me know what you would do with 2000 dollars in my situation.

Originally posted by 87-325ic View Post
    im about to recieve $2000.

and its all going to the e30.

what would you do?
    Not turbo yet.

I already have, z4 Shifter, Full exhaust, headers-> IE catback with new pipes and cats. ported head, decently fresh. new head gasket kit.

need...

Suspension rebuild to be done for Sure. (give me tips/ ideas/ suggestions)

Bottom end work needed for sure (maybe pilot bearing, would get new clutch/ lightweight flywheel.)

Wheels.

some money is going to the valence update, i needs fogs and an is lip.

and other.

let me know what you would do with 2000 dollars in my situation.
    suspension...and if you've got any left over (not much if you do it right) then wheels. good luck finding used...won't be able to save much money there as our suspension is cabrio specific. some people don't care...but that's what's between your ass and the ground and we don't get anything above us for protection...do it right.

what's the point in a lwt flywheel?
    Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Koni Yellows and IE Stage 3's, M3 CABs, sway bars, wheels and tires. That should set you back at least $2000!
      '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
        IE Stage 3's
        this is what I'm talking about...I don't think you can use these on your cabrio. but call IE to find out for sure.

options are limited, but it doesn't matter anyway, because you're not going to race your cabrio...are you?

Comment

Let me guess... Tax return?

Pay off debt/invest it

Comment

Originally posted by JeffR116 View Post
            Let me guess... Tax return?

Pay off debt/invest it
            oh damn, someone with a different opinion!

Comment

Ahhh, tax return time. I think i'm going to get a ram air hood for my firebird, since i just got the ram air box for it.

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Definitely get the suspension all sorted out. If you daily your car, or if the roads in your area are not in good shape, I would avoid polyurethane bushings, it's just a waste of money for a street car.

Comment

good lord you hijacker.

My maintenence is all up to par, maybe minus the rear axles and the bottom end (vibration)

the flywheel is because im taking the tranny out from under the car, to get at the pilot bearings.
                  i plan to do it all correctly under there the first time. and the nice new flywheel is to reward myself for a hell of a job.

then theres suspension,
                  The car is a daily driver, every day, and my only car.
                  it does see some sprited driving. but not autocross racing on a normal basis. maybe a rack day one day if it was sturdy enough then.
                  i was thinking bilstein/ hr sports. with maybe the suspension techniques swaybar kit. (tell me if ishould or not.) i already have the big cabro swaybars.

and then Wheels.
                  Help me here, I planned for Euro weaves. looking for a good pair around 300 bucks. no dents/ or curb rash, and decent paint with centers.

BUT, ive started Really liking the other bbs stuff, especially with a bigger lip.
                  i would even considder 16 inch if they had it in some weave pattern, and not 3-piece, thousand dollar rims.

Comment

Sell the E30 and take that cash plus the 2k and buy a better car.

But I know that wont happen so I would throw it all into wear items that a are due or coming due.
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

me personally,
                      headers, alarm, reup rear seat, and if there was enough left (probly not) get 2 new amps
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

yeah, give up on the 16" bbs ;)
                        15's have better options/prices anyways and you can find some nice euro weaves in your price range.

here, sometime this week I'll do a new photoshoot with BBS RS 15's (have to wait until april for my 16's) sitting on billy's and H&R's...trying to remember if you can run sports...don't think so off the top of my head. I have HD IIRC...wasn't up to me, it's up to bilstein. like I said, you don't get to choose on verts. options are limited. race springs are not available to you, I'm not sure about cup kits, but pretty much assume no.

I don't know why he posted all those part numbers, but off the top of my head without checking them all out, I'd assume at least half won't apply to you. you CAN use sedan/coupe stuff for your ride, and many people do, but it's not engineered properly to account for our weight differences. I do things once, and try to do them right--especially on suspension. who wants to dig back into that mess again...and realign? no thanks.

the flywheel won't reward you, it will punish you. I suggest you talk to someone and test drive before throwing one on your street car. if you want to do something nice to your flywheel, shave and balance it. you'll lose pounds without going too extreme. smoother ride, too.

the only thing poly I would recommend would be motor/trans mounts. they are incredibly fun for me. loud, but like a muscle car vibration...not bad at all and definately nothing I would worry about noisewise in an open car. my wife LOVES them...but she's a motor head. the guys at AKG laughed their asses off when they heard that...surprised as shit that I threw poly on my street car, but then again, like I said, it's an open-air car so it's not like you can really get rid of noise anyway.

you won't be able to go on the track.
                        you CAN make it a track car, by installing a rollcage, but tracks are beginning to deny those, too.

Anyway, my first purchase for my vert was H&R/Bilsteins, and wheels.
                        That will soak all of your 2,000 and give you plenty of fun for quite some time. Keep in mind, you really ought to check on your wear items. I just did and found both of my motor mounts were sheared, one tranny mount was marshmallow, back ujoint is out, guibo was shot, cv joint is going.

just the parts was over $500. driveshaft is going to be 250-400.
                        timing belt & water pump, too if you don't have PROOF of when they were done. Clean your cap/rotor...maybe need to refresh your plug wires...that's $250. See dude, everyone focuses on the cool stuff. The critical items people forget about...and they make huge differences. make sure you check your maintenance items...it's not just oil and sparkplugs.

Comment

look man, everything on my car is in great shape, from the new head to timing belt water pump, hoses and everything else that bolts on. new gaskets like using nnew toilet paper.

new guibo, csb, and shifter.. tranny/ diff oil change.. new tranny seals rear,

im good except for the flywheel/ clutch section,
                          (how muchwould i pay for a shave and balance.. and where should i look to having it done?)

and the susppension, with a nice 15 inch basketeave, hopefully with a fat lip. likethe ronal ls.

what else should i do? or would you do in this situation?

Comment

Originally posted by 87-325ic View Post
                            im good except for the flywheel/ clutch section,
                            (how muchwould i pay for a shave and balance.. and where should i look to having it done?)

and the susppension, with a nice 15 inch basketeave, hopefully with a fat lip. likethe ronal ls.

what else should i do? or would you do in this situation?
                            machine shop...how would I know what they're going to charge in your area? look in the yellow pages and make some phone calls...

afaik, there aren't anything like ronals other than ronals. those euro weaves will look nice, but they won't have fat lips. and they're pretty much the only thing in your price range of $300 that look halfway decent

as for what I'd do? already answered twice:
                            my first purchase for my vert was H&R/Bilsteins, and wheels.
                            That will soak all of your 2,000 and give you plenty of fun for quite some time.

Comment

heres my plan so far.

Full Suspension, up to $1100
                              Clutch kit, + some, 200
                              flywheel resurface/ balance? 100
                              other bearings/ hardware 100
                              ---------------------------------
                              total, about 1500, leaving around 500 for others, or wheels.

to get some super nice wheels, i might could go over budget a little.
                              but, i might just stick with 300 dollar euroweaves now and spend 200 for some nice tires.

Comment

Working...
                              X