Parts Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts Car

It looks like I finally found a good parts car.

My neighbor's E30 was hit by a Pepsi truck today and I am considering making him an offer if its declared a total loss. I had not known the guy until I introduced myself to him today when I saw them bringing the car in on the rollback. I don't know much about the car but it up until now it looked as if it was in great shape. I would like to think that my neighbor took good care of the car but in talking to him his attitude was like "Oh yeah.. this old thing.. its about time I get a new car." I don't know all of the details of the accident but it looks pretty bad. There is severe damage on the front and back but everything in between looks like it is still in great shape. The only bad thing that I saw was a cover and a big pillow over the driver's seat which tells me that the seat is bad and there are cracks in the dash. My guess is that this guy just changed the oil, put gas in it and did a brake job when necessary and other than that all he did was drive the car to work.

I thought about offering the guy $300 for it which I think I could easily get back after I take off any parts that I want/need and sell the rest. What would the engine and transmission be worth? Its a 325i with an automatic transmission.. which has about 50,000 miles on it according to the owner. He said that he put 2 transmissions in the car over the 18 years he has had the vehicle. I didn't ask him about the engine but I am assuming that its the original.

Other things that I don't need but might sell include:
    Bottlecap wheels (5)
    Door locks and actuators including the trunk lock and the key
    Windshield
    Power window motors
    Factory Radio (He probably has the anti-theft code)
    OBC
    Instrument cluster
    Glass sunroof
    The headlights are still intact even though the rest of the grille is busted apart
    And then all of the interior buttons, knobs, switches, etc.

What would be a fair price for this stuff if I sold it?

glass moonroof could easily net ~$5-600
    Continuous For Sale Thread
    323i s50

Comment

I might actually be very interested in the trans, but I won't know for sure for about a week. I'd come and pull it out too.

What year and color is it?
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

300 is high. I'd offer 200 first and see what he says.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Its an 89 325i. Black on Black w/charcoal grey carpeting.

Comment

Sport seats and leather?

Comment

hm....what year is it? interested in the radio and instrument cluster. lets talk

Comment

Wow. Look 2 posts up.

Comment

They weren't sports seats..And I really didn't get a good enough look to see if they were leather or vinal although they don't look any different from my seats. (I have leather) I am going to wait a couple of days before I talk to that guy again so that I am not wearing out my welcome with him. I am sure he thinks that I must be some sort of vulture with the way that I was asking him what he was going to do with the car.

Comment

Working...
                  X