Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the middle of some iginition maintinence: need a quick answer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the middle of some iginition maintinence: need a quick answer!

In the middle of some ignition maintenance and I have a quick question.

Ok well I have everything out and I just got the new rotor and cap on. Now I have a quick question about the spark plugs. In each box the plugs came with a little cap on the end. On my old plugs there are no caps on the end. Should I install these little caps on the end before I install them?

Also there is one thing that is bugging me. I noticed after I bolted down the distributor cap there is about a 1/2-1mm gab between the head of the engine and the distributor in one location. Does this mean it is misaligned? It’s only a veeryyy small gab in on location. Everything is bolted down fine and tight. I just want to make sure.

the caps are not needed for stock wires
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Actually the wires wont fit on at all with the caps on.
      :: PNW Crew ::
      '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Thanks

I got everything done and just took it for a spin. Took 3hours with most of the time getting of the dist. cap. Its was hard as hell with the fan and hoses in the way.

I'll probably try to fix that gap over the weekend just to be on the safe side.

Comment

Working...
        X