What to do with current e30 touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with current e30 touring

Guys I have recently been put into the corner with my e30 324td (turbo diesel).
    here is the deal.

I bought the wagon back in Feb 2005, for 1800 euro (back then it was roughly $2200 USD). 2.5 years of loyalty, only the usual brakes and oil changes were required and an alternator that i got from the junk yard. However now it given me the back hand.

the Injection pump is leaking from the housing in 2 different areas. A new injection pump will cost me $2200 euro+core (almost $3K USD) used one will go for about 300-500 euro ($500-$800 USD) because it the DDE (digital diesel electronics. no throttle cable all by wire). There is NO rebuild kit for the DDE version of the pump.

Also going into 1st 2nd and Revese is real hard now, and really stiff.

And to top things off, Im deploying to Iraq for 6 months in July. when i get back ill have 2 years left in Germany.

It has 241 TKM, some rust and denst, but its still cosmeticly ok looking

WHAT SHOULD I DO???

Drive it into the ground. Junk the wagon and keep all the goodies off of it and buy another e30

Keep it and fix it up (will cost more than i payed for it and its worth)

Sell it for about 500-600 USD (on base) and hope someone would want the headache themselves.
    Spend another $2K to fix it up (not worth it)
    9.52%
    Try to sell it and hope to make $500
    42.86%
    Drive it to the ground. See how long it will last. then junk it.
    33.33%
    I dont care!
    14.29%
    Last edited by YAN-3; 05-20-2007, 02:08 AM.

Sell it to someone who will try to fix it up. Don't junk it - I know there are plenty in Europe, but I like to try to keep E30's alive as long as possible. Hate to see 'em getting crushed, it hurts my gentle heart... :D

Comment

Find a way to bring it here. I'll take care of it. :)
      Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
      EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
      FullOpp Stickers for sale!
      NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
      Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
      ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

What are the odds of you finding a junkyard touring and picking up the pump?

Dont trash it. i love those things so i say save it.

http://www.volkswagenjettacup.com/

Comment

if its in decent condition, id say swap the engine and trans, make it into something nice without dumping 10k into it, then sell it when your bored of it

mtech1/2jzgte/r154/275tire
          function>form

Comment

i had one, was going to trade you a wheel for it a year ago, but eh

it's a 324td. they are hunks of shit. drive it till it dies and get an 320d
            Build Threads:
            Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

junk it, you know its a piece of crap here in germany. Its not even worth repairing-- although, it isnt that hard at a ll to change it over to a cable throttle car. did it to my buddies last year.--- just junk it, you know that you can get another 325i touring in good shape for about 600 euros nowadays.

Comment

Replace the drivetrain with that of an E36 M3 and be happy
                '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

I would replace it with a used pump or ditch the car. Not worth it to drop that kind of coin on a new pump.
                  :: PNW Crew ::
                  '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

only sell it to someone that cares about it!

sounds like a cool car

Comment

I don't know anything about those pumps, never seen one, but in other diesel engines i've seen, the injection pump can be rebuilt, why not take the time to dissasemble it and fix it ? You said there is no rebuild kit, but maybe a couple of gaskets will get her nice and tight again.

If it's not possible, 2200 euros is too much. :(

Comment

i might have found someone to sell it to for 1000 USD. if not then i am drving it till it dies. like Mike said, here in germany its nothing great. i can get a e30 gas touring, ie a 320i or a 325i and have tons of spare parst that i can pull from the bone yard. i think thats what ill do, or a cabby. alwasy wanted one.

Comment

Working...
                        X