Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

86' 325e $300

I really want to pick up this e30, depending on body/rust condition,

and park it in my garage and rip it apart and make her pretty. The ad says needs starter and clutch, so I call the guy and he says the car needs a starter, Im like whatever, not a big deal, and its not the clutch but the clutch pedal is dead. He said he was pop starting it for a while, so I am assuming it snapped the shifter cable?? Said the clutch was only a year old. Im going to go look at it this week. Anyway I can get this thing started??

*Clutch pedal on the floor due to pop starting?
    *Starter Garbage
    *$300
    *Should I purchase?

Any help/information is appreciated :)

What do you mean "shifter cable?" These cars have a hydraulic clutch system, and the shifter (which is completely separate) is linked to the transmission by a rod. You would know if the rod were broken because the shifter would rotate in all sorts of odd directions.

If the clutch pedal is on the floor could be any number of things: leaks; clutch slave cylinder needs to be bled, but probably not unless there are leaks, these things are self bleeding; broken line; low brake fluid; etc.

You should browse the forum and do some searches before you decide to buy or not buy this car.

Comment

No 325e in that kind of condition is worth $300.. Offer them $50.

Comment

Working...
      X