Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New NC member

Greetings,

I'm new to this forum and the E30. I don't currently own one but I am looking for one. What drew me to the E30 is its strong resemblance to my favorite car of all time the Datsun 510. I haven't had a 510 in almost a decade and I doubt I'll find one anyway. The E30 BMW I would considder the ultimate 510 great suspension great engines and fantastic seats. I miss the fun I had in my 510 but don't miss the noise the rattles and the bad heaters all things BMW seems to have done right. I am an avid autocrosser but my current car.....well it sucks. Saturn station wagons were never intended to be race cars. I look forward to learning about this chassis and having fun.
    Phil

Hello Phil. Good luck with your E30 hunt (PS check the FS cars section for a sweet 318is in Charlotte).

Glad to see another Charlotte guy on here.

Comment

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
      Hello Phil. Good luck with your E30 hunt (PS check the FS cars section for a sweet 318is in Charlotte).

Glad to see another Charlotte guy on here.
      I saw that 318 unfortunately I am on a strict budget and its more than I can swing, I had to turn down an iX for that reason too :(
      Phil

Comment

Welcome to the site.
        sigpic

Comment

JJ I miss Vancouver I grew up there
          Phil

Comment

Really? How long ago did you move?
            sigpic

Comment

Hello

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I moved 2 years ago
                Phil

Comment

Keep in mind any upgrades to e30s you may be looking at. Usually, depending on how recently done, upgrades cost less in the initial cost than they do if you do them all after the purchase. Time fixing/upgrading is another important factor. Also, look at the previous owner's attitude toward the car. This will tell you a lot about how the car has been treated.

BTW, I love Charlotte... I grew up in Richmond, VA. :)

"If I were filthy rich I'd still drive my E30."

Comment

I am factoring in previous upgrades and figuring that some may need correcting it all comes out even
                    Phil

Comment

I think I may have found my E30
                      http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=1&cardist=177

Now could someone in the area have a look at it before I drive almost 200 miles
                      Phil

Comment

I'd say stay away from that. Because it is bronzit. It isnt the most desireable color, unless that is what you are into.

A lot of people on the board will agree with that statement.

Comment

color isn't an issue and I actually kind of like it I've had several similar colored Datsun/Nissans in the past and loved them.
                          Phil

Comment

Well then I'd check that one out. It's cheap enough and it has a nice IS airdam on it. I was actually looking at the same car, but I didnt check into it because of the color.

Comment

Working...
                            X