AEM Uego or LC-1 w/xd-16 gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
    Who gives a fuck what your daddy has, You REALLY don't need that kind of accuracy. If you are tuning to those significant figures you are going to have problems with any barometric or temperature fluctuation... There have been MANY 1000+ hp engines tuned with normal bosch wideband sensors..

Anyway, Innovate trys to sell a sensor to you that you can get a a vw dealership for $30

The NGK WBO2 sensor kit has a cheap really non accurate sensor, but you can guy a NTK o2 sensor, and it will be ultra accurate

the aem one is in the middle of the Innovate and NTK kits

Get the NGK o2 kit, and ditch the stock sensor and buy a (part number NTK L1H1) NTK sensor, and it will be the shit

edit: links http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/product...000&country=US

Recap:

Best: NGK controller, with NTK L1H1 sensor (best sub-ultra expensive choice)
    Middle: AEM
    Worst: Innovate
    Last edited by Mr Deagle; 06-02-2007, 10:51 PM.

Comment

1 NGK and 3 innovate?? Never heard of the NGK kit you described. Hmm..
      "Driving anything else would be uncivilised"

Comment

NGK's stuff is nice, but it lacks a lot of features that are _really_ nice to have in a wideband. No narrowband emulation is the one I happen to remember right now.

Comment

I've got a PLX M-250 and like it. They actually discontinued it, but it is basically the M-300, just without a display on the control unit. I also have a gauge that they don't sell anymore that is similar to the DM-5 AFR gauge, but works with the M-250.

I would suggest their iMFD series as there is a lot of cool stuff you can do with them. Having all your gauges displayed on one custom LED screen/gauge is pretty cool.

Comment

I have the full Innovate kit onm my ///M3 for the Alpha N. Im not happy with it currently as more than half the time its either reading "-.-.-" or not reasing correctly and just flickering from 2.5 to "o2- 20". I had to get another wire from them due to the same problem. I had my car dyno tuned and I know its running correctly up to 6K, but it sucks to have spent 400-some-odd dollars and get a bullshit pieve of equipment. Damn Im glad I stumbled across this thread. Reminds me that I need to see wtf is wrong with it.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
            1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
            1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by ja burna View Post
              1 NGK and 3 innovate?? Never heard of the NGK kit you described. Hmm..

I posted a link

it is available at sparkplugs.com

I dont see why you would need a 1v output, isnt the whole wbo2 thing for a standalone ecu? what ecu uses a standard o2 sensor as its main o2 sensor?

Comment

I don't believe an wbo2 is just for an standalone ecu. It can be used as a permanent install. From everyone posts I believe its personal preference. Although I have heard the LC-1 is quite sensative?

Comment

I don't believe an wbo2 is just for an standalone ecu. It can be used as a permanent install. From everyone posts I believe its personal preference. Although I have heard the LC-1 is quite sensative?

Once your car is tuned, why would you need to look at blinky lights all the time?

Any wbo2 is sensitive compared to a stock o2 sensor

Comment

I agree.

In my profession as a control system engineer, we develop control system consisting of sensors, transmitters, controllers, programming, etc... that's all we do.... all day.

To have one really accurate sensor, won't make up for inaccuracies of the other components in the system.

It's all relative.....

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
                    Who gives a fuck what your daddy has, You REALLY don't need that kind of accuracy. If you are tuning to those significant figures you are going to have problems with any barometric or temperature fluctuation... There have been MANY 1000+ hp engines tuned with normal bosch wideband sensors..

Comment

yeah ok, but does the AEM,NGK etc..or any other wbo2 support datalogging? The reason why Im asking is because this is needed for me to remote tune my car here in spain. This is important so I can email the logs to an motronic tuner in the states. No where in spain do they offer this kind of service..

Comment

yeah ok, but does the AEM,NGK etc..or any other wbo2 support datalogging? The reason why Im asking is because this is needed for me to remote tune my car here in spain. This is important so I can email the logs to an motronic tuner in the states. No where in spain do they offer this kind of service..

You are "tuning" with a motronic?

go standalone, and do it yourself

Comment

We'll see, if time permits, for some people its not that easy..

Comment

Working...
                          X