Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pinstripes...what colors did they come in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinstripes...what colors did they come in?

on my parts car, it has the motorsports colors as its pinstripe.

is this common, or did they specially do? or is it aftermarket?

gracias

I've seen M Stripes, blue stripes, Stu's weird German flag stripes, and just last weekend I saw a blue stripe which may or may not have been factory. I'm also drunk. My computer has stripes.

Comment

I've seen the "German Flag" stripes... looks decent on a red or black car. Otherwise, I'm really not a fan of pinstripes. My dad bought a black '03 325i and my mom thought it needed a pin stripe. I told her to go buy a Buick.

Jonathan

Comment

i've seen double red on a lach silber car. Looked awesome.

Comment

Some of the M-tech cars had optional stripes on them. They were the tri color and ran along the body ridge. My car has them and my parts car did to. They tend to have a sweep onto the hood in a ever widning pattern. I like them on silver cars, my black car in the US has a dealer applied ugly single white stripe.

Gone soon. The stripe kits are soon in etka. and are not cheap anymore but are still available.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

My lachssilber car has regular silver pinstripes.

matt

Comment

my 87 325ic has 2 stripes...top one is black, bottom one is silver. Factory option.
              '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

my 90 325i has a double beige-ish pinstripe. I thought everybody just took them off

Comment

My 318is (diamond black) came with 2 whitish-gray pinstripes. They were gone over in different colors though. My original stripes actually wrapped around the trunk. Ugh.

Comment

ok...so what is the best way to remove the stripes?
                    '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

I have a black 1986 325eS and it has beigish pinstripe painted on and then at rear panels like near the trunk it says "ES" wich is also painted on.

I have not seen that much but i personally like it.

I beileve i have only seen this pin striping on one other BMW and that was a car that was no different from mine and he was a on E3S.

Comment

There was a red E30 M3 in EuroTuner a few months back that had factory PAINTED pinstripes in the ///M colors that ended at the headlight grilles with an "M". They looked pretty cool.

Comment

the best way to remove sticker type stripes is with one of the special rubber wheel things for a drill or whatever. painted on, well those suck.
                          BEERTECH

Comment

Working...
                          X