Back into E30's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back into E30's

I just bought this '89 Cabrio today :http://www.eliteautofla.com/search/details.php?id=160

I saw it on the lot and thought it was too cheap for it's condition and options. I drove it and everything works, so I shouldn't have to do too much right away. I've ordered a UUC short shifter for it. I'll find new rims and lower it, recover the seats, and change the bumpers. Well, I'd like it to look like this, if anyone knows anymore about this car:

I stole this photo off the web when I had my old E30 (an '88 325is that I sold in Dublin Ohio). I'd like to know more about the wheels.

Looks like a good start. I was also looking at the wheels for my car but then saw how much they are. There are a couple threads about them on the board so search alittle and you should turn up a few.

I know they are 18's but can't remember the width, I believe 8.5 or 9 inches wide. I believe they are made by Crown (or that is the name of the wheels) and they were around 3900-4200 for all 4. Keep up updated on progress

Comment

Wow! That's more than the car!

Comment

Exactly what I said.

I have more pics, if you want them. I have chrome and non chrome pics that the salesman sent me, un mounted/no tires.

Comment

Those wheels are way to tacky for that car. There's really no point in putting wheels that big on an e30. It only works in very rare circumstances.

However, I do envision something awesome looking at the one you purchased. Just remember.. tasteful...

"If I were filthy rich I'd still drive my E30."

Comment

I like a wide wheel lip. Alot of people on this board don't seem to like that, and don't want anyone to do something they wouldn't do themselves. I want to take advantage of the fact that it's a rear wheel drive car, and has an offset unlike a front wheel drive. I've had 17" wheels before, and they seemed to rub less than some smaller wheels, and I like the look. They fit the radius of the wheel arch well. I wouldn't go any larger than that. The roads around here are so flat and smooth they would have to carpet them to make them any better. I think I can go pretty low. My favorite wheel is the "M Parallel" but you can't get them in 4x100's as far as I know.

Also, does anyone know any good repair shops in North Florida? The Daytona area is closest, but I could go to Jacksonville if I had to.

Comment

Those wheels on that blue cabby are 3 pc Kerscher CS 18x7.5's and 18x9's. Beautiful wheels with nice stepped lips.

Comment

Well the qoute that he gave me was for 18's. I do remember, maybe, that he gave me a qoute for 17's in the 2700-3200 range (I think but I am really not sure)

Comment

Originally posted by Rathbone View Post
                  I like a wide wheel lip. Alot of people on this board don't seem to like that.
                  Quite the opposite, how long you been here?

Comment

I miss old blue . . . .

This time of year makes me miss having a vert for a play toy . . .
                    Current Cars
                    2014 M235i
                    2009 R56 Cooper S
                    1998 M3
                    1997 M3

Comment

Mastcruse: Well, I won't be spending that much but I wouldn't mind seeing the photos anyway.

egk2:I've only been using this I.D. since January. I was registered a few years ago as Oddjob, but I counldn't remember my password. I've seen a few posts, maybe on E30Tech, where people thought rims I liked were too "skater" like. I'm glad to be wrong about that impression of this group of enthusiasts. I'm no wheel expert, I'm a wheel dummy. I'm trying to understand the posts well enough to buy the right thing. It seems like most wheel shops are full of dummies like me when you want a 4x100 wheel. The BBS that are on the car are too common, so I'll have to find something.

Comment

Working...
                      X