14 inch Tires!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14 inch Tires!

I know tire choices have been covered a gillion times for 14 inch rims.

In any case, I'm thinking about going for the 195/60/14 Yokohama ES100's. I'm looking for something with decent treadwear and decent traction...these seem like an economical middle of the road choice.

Tirerack has them for 75 bucks a pop. Anywhere have a better deal on the ES100's or comparable tires that you guys know of?
    sigpic
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Yeah, have you tried the Button 901s made by Search?
    Originally posted by blunt
    i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

I DDed azenis in that size before I picked up the new wheels. They were great tires.
      ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

They last around 18,000 miles, so save up for your next set of tires while you drive on those. Too short a lifespan for me, I daily'd them though, they were nice while they lasted.
        Reminiscing...

Comment

I probably won't have this car even another 5k miles...I'm in the market for an M3 wooWHOO.

I was going to hold out and let the new owner pick their favorite tire, but they are becomming a safety concern now so it's time to change them.

Also, JFlip, I wasn't asking for advice on tires. I was wondering if anybody knew of a *current*(this being the operative word here) deal somewhere on the yokos or something similar as in within the last few weeks.

To be fair, I do find that the Button 901's by Search are a great all around tire though. They tend to provide immediate response.
          sigpic
          "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

^^ i had falken siex 14" before, i have them on the 17" set and they are sticky...& cheap @ $51!!

i just bought some 205/60H14's from tirerack last week for $46/e put them on yesterday couln't be happier. 1.3% slower speedo (meaning 205/60>195/65 diameter)....all this new "cheap" tires are all really good imo
            No more e30s for me.
            88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
            88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
            91 BMW 325i [sold]
            86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
              These are supposed to be great tires:

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...ance&tc=FALHH3
              Shitty soft sidewall, but decent enough for DD usage.

You aren't going to find much for 14 inch street tires anymore. Does Sumitomo still make their HTRs?

In all seriousness, full tread RA1s aren't awful on the street if you really want something with "performance".

-Charlie
              Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
              '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
              FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                Shitty soft sidewall, but decent enough for DD usage.

You aren't going to find much for 14 inch street tires anymore. Does Sumitomo still make their HTRs?

In all seriousness, full tread RA1s aren't awful on the street if you really want something with "performance".

-Charlie
                yes, tirerack has the HTR 200s for $46, its what i bought last week. but i heard they weren't so good on the track.
                No more e30s for me.
                88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
                88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
                91 BMW 325i [sold]
                86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

I would go with the BF Goodrich Traction T/A's

Good tire, good price, good wear-ability, good user feedback.

Check out the user ratings and feedback on tirerack.com:

$63.00 each for the 205/60/14's
                  sigpic
                  1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
                  Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
                  Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Check this link as well:

The Sumitomo HTR H4 is also a good choice, and at $43.00 each for the 205/60/14 is a great deal.

Of course, you'll need to add in delivery charges to your local tire shop, mounting and balancing.

Tirerack should have a link to a list of tire installers in your area that work with tirerack and will have tires delivered to them and mount and balance them for you.

I think that the HTR H4 would be your best bang for the buck tire deal.
                    sigpic
                    1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
                    Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
                    Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Cabrio View Post
                      I would go with the BF Goodrich Traction T/A's

Good tire, good price, good wear-ability, good user feedback.

Check out the user ratings and feedback on tirerack.com:

$63.00 each for the 205/60/14's
                      I like mine alot, they held up excellent in the snow and at the strip

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Working...
                      X