Trick to getting a shipping refund?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trick to getting a shipping refund?

EDGE RACING....( http://edgeracing.com/ )

July 19th (Thursday) - placed order for (4) Falken Fk452

July 23rd (Monday) - no tracking numbers sent, called them, assured me they would go out today, and that I would get them on Wednesday, and a tracking # later that night.

July 25th (Wednesday) - (no calls or emails) called again (on hold for 30 mins) was told that it STILL HAD NOT SHIPPED and that one of the tires was defective, and they had to order a new one from the manufacture. Claims it will go out today.

I paid $150 for 2nd day UPS to get these here. And now it will have taken over a week to get them here.

I asked for my shipping to be refunded, but was told that since it "wasn't their fault, they can't refund shipping".... I'd have to speak to the manager(waiting till they actually ship before I start bitching).

OK, so my question is: What is the key to getting this shipping refunded?

Last edited by george graves; 07-25-2007, 01:35 PM.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

They have the WORST!!!!! customer service. I have ordered twice from them and both times they were over a week late shipping. I don't even consider them anymore.

I spoke to their manager on three seperate times and to no avail. I say don't bother with them.

Cancel your order is my opinion as obviously they don't want your business. If you had bought from TireRack or a local business you would have your tires already.

Comment

Yes, I would cancel the order if they have not shipped and order them elsewhere.
      1989 US E30 Cammed S52
      Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

dispute it with your credit card company today. fuck them
        We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
        www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I already told them to ship it. I tried to source some tires locally, but I'm currently in a hick town, and the tire stores can't/won't source quality tires (they want to sell you shitty no-name brand tires)

The fact that I am sourcing 225/45-16 does not help matters.

I was hoping someone had some advice to make a strong case with the manager to refund my shipping.

Comment

Firstly, it would be wrong to expect a full refund on shipping. You should be requesting the difference between ground and 2nd day. In regards to them saying it wasn't their fault, in a sense it was. Had they processed the order in a timely manner, they would have noticed the defective tire and still gotten the order to you earlier. Unless their site states it can take them up to 72 hours to process an order. If they still don't refund you the difference once you speak to the manager, ask to speak to his manager or for the sales director's contact info and/or corporate. If you want to get a little dirtier, tell him you and alot of your friends are members of many a online boards and that you would not hesitate to share your experience with everyone and have everyone share only their negative ones as well. Bottom line, they should professionally give you the difference back....

Comment

Glad for a heads up with these guys. Honestly I have always(for years) used The Tirerack and never the first problem. I would get a manager on the phone and cancel cancel cancel the order !!! Also contact your card company and dispute it with them that the order was canceled !!

Comment

Toyo T1-R is out there in 225-45-16 for under 100 a tire. Vulcan tire has FK-452 for $95 each.
                Last edited by SchnellerVert; 07-25-2007, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maluco View Post
                  Firstly, it would be wrong to expect a full refund on shipping. You should be requesting the difference between ground and 2nd day. In regards to them saying it wasn't their fault, in a sense it was. Had they processed the order in a timely manner, they would have noticed the defective tire and still gotten the order to you earlier. Unless their site states it can take them up to 72 hours to process an order. If they still don't refund you the difference once you speak to the manager, ask to speak to his manager or for the sales director's contact info and/or corporate. If you want to get a little dirtier, tell him you and alot of your friends are members of many a online boards and that you would not hesitate to share your experience with everyone and have everyone share only their negative ones as well. Bottom line, they should professionally give you the difference back....
                  Thanks! I think you are right about the refund on the difference of shipping. That I could live with. Can't believe someone would run a company this way.

good company = admit wrong, offer refund on shipping even *before* you ask
                  average company = refund if asked/pushed
                  bad company = "it's not our fault, go suck a dick"

I'll ask again nicely, then I'm going to try the old "squeaky wheel gets the grease" trick.

Comment

they will probably still 2nd ship them, they should comp a tire or give you a further discount.

After you get the tires call them asking for said discount. if they want you to shop with them again they will. Money is made off repeat customers, not one set of tires.

Comment

On many occasions where I had not shipped something in a timely manner whether it be Ebay or whatever, I paid the shipping costs. Regardless of whether its about repeat busienss or good customer service, I stand on the notion that its just simply the right thing to do. Granted nobody likes to lose money but when someone sends you their money trusting that they will get what they bargained for in exchange for their money, you almost owe it to the system to make life less difficult for others who are trying to build a business also.

Comment

Working...
                      X