GC camber plates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GC camber plates?

Anyone have the E30 GC front camber/castor plates? Are they worth the 300 they want? Do they work well with the original MacPherson strut, instead of the GC coilover system?
    The ones im talking about.

Brian

buy the ones in the back of Roundel for $109.99 per pair...
    just got some myself...the design is simple and the quality
    is excellent...800-262-0424 or rtrsinc@earthlink.net

bert

Comment

Are those from the guy in Atlanta? If so there on ebay also for $110 can you send me some detailed pics of them and how they mount and what not?
      85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

THose Ebay ones use your stock upper strut mounts right? If so, thats the kind i dont want. I want some that have their own bearing, and no flexible material.

Brian

Comment

Ya stock bearing, that's why I'm trying to find info on them as I don't want to raise the front of my car but I also don't want to buy tires every year do to bald inside edges.
          85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Ground control camber caster plates will only work with small diameter (2.25"/2.5") springs. They will not work with stock diameter springs.

That being said - I have them on my E30 m3, as well as the ground control coil over kit, and the plates are awesome. I can dial in an extra couple degrees of negative camber when I go to the track or an autocross, and then quickly set it back before I head home to minimize tire wear.

They do make the ride harsher, and they do require maintennance (the bearing fill with crap an have to be cleaned or they clunck and groan when you turn) but that is expected of a "race only" part.

Chris

Comment

the ones in Roundel are really thin..unlike the K Macs,
              they will raise the car only a very small amount

Comment

Can I see pics of everyone's plates installed?

Comment

Working...
                X