Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Euro M30 is Installed and complete!! Runs like a champ.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it tomorrow night yet?
    1994 BMW 325 i/Canon Rebel XT/28-135mm IS f:3.5-5.6/Canon 50mm f:1.8

Comment

I need to edit my first post....
      '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
      '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
      '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
      iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
      sigpic

Comment

That was some real fun helping pulling and install that motor. Actually, I can't wait to do another motor swap....(hmmmmm)

That motor is seriously tight. To say it has compression is an understatment.

Also, the motor has a really nice agressive tone to it. It just sounds pissed off - Really pissed off... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Awesome man. 3.5L Euro "L" block...rebuilt by hand, Fired right up on the first 1/2 reveloution of the motor... congrats! Awesome work...

Now I feel bad for your rear tires...

George Graves
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Badass.... that's about all I can come up with right now.
          Originally posted by Gruelius
          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

looks great..i need a 5er now.
            Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerphile
              Ryan, you kick ass.

Comment

So what's the difference between the Euro M30 3.5L and the 3.5 in my E32?
                What about the diffs between the one I'm pulling from you? To tell you the
                truth, I heard that all M30's are the same except for the liter exception.

Is the 3.5L just from a Limo? (and thus rated in a different spectrum) or had
                i missed something in my M30 swaps? Btw congrats Ryan
                「 Terror from the Rising Sun 」

Comment

EU spec 3.5l are high compression and 218 hp. US spec are lower compression and 193 hp.

EU spec also need premium fuel due to cam and compression ratio.
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

The euro motor has a shorter stroke and a bigger bore. It has a 84MM stoke with a 93.4MM Bore. This makes for a high-revving motor. It also have a few more cubic centimeters as its 3453cc instead of the 3430 of the US motor. The earleir US motors found in E28's are only 182hp with a cat. This motor was 218 with L-Jettronic. I converted it to motronic so it runs much better without the mechanical distributor. I also used an E34 camshaft, so I cannot attest to the running with the stock cam.
                    This motor is also higher compression at 9.3:1, where the US motor is 8.0:1.

This thing has so much compression. When I shut the car off the motor just stops like someone dropped the clutch with the brakes on.

I drove around tonight and now I have around 75 miles on it. The motor is running better and better as it breaks in. I tore the intake boot so it wasn't idling very well, but its all good now, I patched it up and I will order one tomorrow.
                    the lightweight flywheel makes this motor rev very fast. it doesn't feel more powerful yet, but I havn't gone over 4500rpm, and thats where the big difference will be in this motor.
                    '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
                    sigpic

Comment

Totally badass Ryan, i'm gonna go buy an m535i just because of this install.

Comment

Congrats Ryan....enjoy!! Will be a blast to run around in :)

Any thoughts on engine management....I'd highly recommend the Unichip piggyback....gave me 15 extra whp & tq.

Comment

Things are looking good Ryan, when are you coming back up north to show it off? I couldn't make it to the meet during spring break, and missed my chance of seeing it then.

Comment

I bet its sooo hard not to redline it huh? :P (actually, it probably isn't - cuase break-in time is most important - but, you know what I mean.. ;))

Looks amazing, nice daily driver for sure! :up:
                            - Sean Hayes

Comment

thanks guys...
                              it makes one hell of a dialy driver, I can tell you that much.
                              Next on the project list for it is a full respray in the orgional lachssilber color...
                              Not redlining it is hard to do... I want to rev it up so bad!!
                              As far as engine management is concerned, I havn't looked into anything. First I would convert to an MAF to ditch the AFM, but I don't think I want to go that crazy with this car, mainly because I have no money to do so, but also because its just a daily driver. I would much rather dump the money into my M3 before the E28...
                              '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X