Reputable exhaust shop in Columbus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reputable exhaust shop in Columbus?

Anyone know where I can take my car? Ive got a stock M50 exhaust, muffler doesnt fit so im looking to get it hacked off and a new one welded on, new hangers, etc.

You know the drill, looking for cheap, but decent work. More or less looking to not get ripped off.

i guess there are none. all of them are mexican ridden hell holes.

Comment

Im about to try a Monroe down the street from my work. I know the manager there, he does great work although he has been really busy as of the late and hasnt had time yet to have a look at my car. Im going crazy with no muffler. (i have obd2 cats and thats it lol)If it turns out well, ill let you know!

Comment

yeah, im not so sure about those mainstream/chain shops. but if youve had a good experience, post it up by all means.

Comment

Originally posted by mudflaps View Post
          yeah, im not so sure about those mainstream/chain shops. but if youve had a good experience, post it up by all means.
          I think usually thats correct. But i have been dealing with this guy for a while. He has done all sorts of bs for me, like making a pipe matching bends on a clothes hanger. Ive seen all sorts of custom shit go through that shop too, and it comes out great. Hopefully ill have mine done by the end of this week. Im going to have him merge the two pipes into a single 2.5'' and im going to use an 18'' Magnaflow.

Oh the best part is that he extends an "in the biz" discount to me. aka beer money.

Comment

Originally posted by gazellebeigem3 View Post
            I think usually thats correct. But i have been dealing with this guy for a while. He has done all sorts of bs for me, like making a pipe matching bends on a clothes hanger. Ive seen all sorts of custom shit go through that shop too, and it comes out great. Hopefully ill have mine done by the end of this week. Im going to have him merge the two pipes into a single 2.5'' and im going to use an 18'' Magnaflow.

Oh the best part is that he extends an "in the biz" discount to me. aka beer money.
            which monroe is this?

Comment

which monroe is this?

It's on north high, on the edge of Worthington. They guys name is Lonnie.

Comment

nice, im in westerville.

Comment

Ill let you know how it turns out and what it sets me back!

Comment

yeah, but i might be looking for something really soon, like say.... tomorrow.

so it may be me telling you how it turned out.

Comment

yeah, but i might be looking for something really soon, like say.... tomorrow.

so it may be me telling you how it turned out.
                      haha fuck you. If yours gets done first im taking a hacksaw to yours and welding it on mine. Oh by the way its not really that shop... its the other one...somewhere else...

or

I will race you for position in line and the shop

Comment

haha fuck you. If yours gets done first im taking a hacksaw to yours and welding it on mine. Oh by the way its not really that shop... its the other one...somewhere else...

or

I will race you for position in line and the shop
                        lol stfu. the monroe i called earlier was kinda weird. I asked if they keep mufflers on hand at the shop, they said no. Then I asked them what their turn around time was, they said same day or next day.

If they dont have the shit on hand, how the hell can they guarantee same or next day turnaround...?

Comment

well, that ones not really going to have one in stock either... Or at least not one that you would want. I was in their stockroom today and they had noting but el cheapo's. You would be better served to order one online or somtinlikedat and just have them install it.

Comment

well, that ones not really going to have one in stock either... Or at least not one that you would want. I was in their stockroom today and they had noting but el cheapo's. You would be better served to order one online or somtinlikedat and just have them install it.
                            I dunno, its a paradox. Alot of these places I call wont install stuff you bring them, but then like you are saying, they dont have anything, but if they do, its like a Walmart Super Turbo muffler.

Im pretty confused. A hacksaw and JB weld is seeming like a better idea everytime I call one of these places.

Comment

I dunno, its a paradox. Alot of these places I call wont install stuff you bring them, but then like you are saying, they dont have anything, but if they do, its like a Walmart Super Turbo muffler.

Im pretty confused. A hacksaw and JB weld is seeming like a better idea everytime I call one of these places.

Yeah, i tried asking on columbusracing, and i really only had a few responses, one of which was buckeye muffler, which is a fucking shithole.

Comment

Working...
                              X