My S52 Swap Runs!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My S52 Swap Runs!!!!

Well after many months of procrastinating, life getting in the way and general frustration I finally got my S52 started today. Can't tell you how good it felt or how excited I am to finish it up now but DAMN. I'm sure a lot of the PNW crew was convinced I was on crack talking about this car I had that never seemed to get done, well I finally got off my duff and worked on it. Drove it around the neighborhood with open headers and no tach hooked up. It idled well though and pulled like a fuggin freight train.

Thanks go out to the following in no particular order:
    My Grandmother who passed in May. She helped me out with the project by providing encouragement and a loan to purchase my S52. Her death was a big part of the reason for me taking so much time off from the car.

Joe Funk, without Joe's help getting all the parts would have been a nightmare, a never ending one at that. If you haven't dealt with him yet you should, he's got great prices, and is an all around good guy.

Derek, without all your harrassment I don't think the car ever would have been done man. Thanks for encouraging me to finish it.

The rest of R3V, sure I'm a professional wrench turner but the information available here is second to none and without it I'd still be studying wiring diagrams trying to figure it all out.
    :D:D:D:D
    sigpicFormer professional wrench thrower.
    Current:
    1988 325is S52
    Former:
    2008 Sparkling Graphite M3 Sedan(victim of home ownership)
    1988 M5
    1996 328is

Congrats man. Glad to hear that you got it on the road. Now all you need is a turbo... :)
    :: PNW Crew ::
    '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Sorry about your Granny, Congrats on the swap. Now stroke and turbo it.

Comment

Congrats. It's encouraging to hear a success story.

Condolences about your grandmother.
        McCain's military draft: Are you willing to bet your life?

Comment

Glad it is running! Brian has been talking smack...

just kidding of course!
          :)

sort of
          Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
          That Guy.
          03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

nice!... s52's are fun
            e30sport.net
            '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
            '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
            '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Originally posted by WillisE30 View Post
              My Grandmother who passed in May. She helped me out with the project by providing encouragement and a loan to purchase my S52. Her death was a big part of the reason for me taking so much time off from the car.
              Sorry to hear of your loss. Maybe you could dedicate smth, like inscribe or get smth custom done for the engine bay. Screw what criticism/laughs you may get. She was instrumental in you gettin to enjoy what you have today. Which stranger who looks under the hood at a meet/car show did...

--

Enjoy your swap responsibly.

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

sorry for your loss....... got any sound clips ???
                :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by delphini View Post
                  sorry for your loss....... got any sound clips ???
                  LOL, didn't take any. It sounds like every other car with open headers. LOUD as hell. Pics at this point are useless, in a couple weeks when I'm all done with tying up the loose ends I'll post a full set of pics.

And Joe, Brian, talk shit?

As for enjoying the swap responsibly it's a good point, however I'm used to dealing with ridiculous cars. I work on lots of high end sports cars all day and have had a laundry list of hairy rides. I'll be the first one to say that with big power comes big responsibility.
                  sigpicFormer professional wrench thrower.
                  Current:
                  1988 325is S52
                  Former:
                  2008 Sparkling Graphite M3 Sedan(victim of home ownership)
                  1988 M5
                  1996 328is

Comment

Working...
                  X