Seafoam FTW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seafoam FTW!

Ok. I have heard many good things about Seafoam and I have been staring at the can on my desk for about 6 months. Well today I finally used it and I must say, OH WHAT A FEELING!

I ran it through my beater Nissan minivan with the 3.0 ford engine and it drives like a new car! Well maybe not a NEW car but I can feel the difference. Per the instructions, I drove the car and warmed it up and then I poured 1/3 of the can into a plastic cup (about 5oz.)

At first I yanked off the vaccuum hose that sits right next to the throttle plate and buried it into the seafoam and it immediately stalled the engine. I figured that might have been a bad spot so I restarted the engine and then used the brake booster hose. And then this time I gradually let the hose "sip" the seafoam from the top until it was all sucked in and then I shut it off.

The instructions say to restart the engine in 5 minutes but I got tied up on a phone call and the car sat for about a half-hour. I went back out and restarted the car and it started idling VERY rough! (up until this point the beater ran OK and it did not give me any problems with rough idle or stalling or anything like that.) OH CRAP! I thought I messed up my engine because it was hard to start and it stalled a couple of times and the motor was shaking.

My guess at first was that because the engine was so badly abused that the seafoam must have dislodged some dirt or deposits that got into a part of the engine that it should not have gotten into. But I drove the car for a couple of miles, and after a while the rumbling started to calm down and I had a chance to pull over into a parking lot to re-read the can in case I overlooked an important step. I got out, popped the hood and I noticed that the engine was quieter than it has been.

I had gotten used to the dull roar of the engine but now it has that quiet hissing "new car" sound. Plus the mild rattling noise that I had become accustomed to hearing was non-existant. This was good news being that I thought I really screwed up my car attempting to "fix" something that wasn't broken. So I get back in and I start to proceed down the highway and I noticed that the acceleration was picking up much better.. almost comparable to my E30. I mean I figured that soccer-mom minivans were typically sluggish and I have become accustomed to the performance of the E30 so I didn't think anything of its bad performance. Now this mom-mobile hauls ass!

I'm convinced. I'm sold! I am going to put some in the E30 tomorrow.

true story...

its good shit!

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
    On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
    BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

What's the best way to inject this into an E30? Pics please.

Comment

welcome to the seafoam life.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanzotti View Post
          What's the best way to inject this into an E30? Pics please.
          i have done it from anywhere i get a vac line leading to the manifold even through the spark plug holes and i have to say i haven't yet felt an e30 like mines ...yet

Comment

I could be on one of those perscription commercials.

"... I asked my doctor about Seafoam. Is Seafoam right for you?"

Comment

Originally posted by -Javier- View Post
              How good is this stuff? My M20 has about 120,000 original miles and has never seen sea foam. My car runs pretty smooth. Do you think I'll see a noticeable improvement from this stuff? Where do you get it?

Comment

You get it at finer retailers everywhere. Auto parts stores in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by -Javier- View Post
                  i have done it from anywhere i get a vac line leading to the manifold even through the spark plug holes and i have to say i haven't yet felt an e30 like mines ...yet
                  Should you do it in more than one spot? Or is one sufficient? Would love a pic of highly reccomended places to inject seafoam. Maybe some hints of where Sea Foam seemed to worked best when injected here on the M20.

Like I said, My car runs good, but maybe I don't know any better, Maybe I too am used to it and this Sea Foam stuff would make a world of difference?

Comment

i did it today on my 325e. idle is smoothr. acceleration is smoother. picked up maybe another hp or 2.
                    for M20 owners, i sucked up seafoam from a gatorade bottle half full of seafoam into the line that leads to the intake manifold from the brake booster.

seafoam ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by Jscotty View Post
                      You get it at finer retailers everywhere. Auto parts stores in particular.
                      So they'll have it ant an Autozone or a Pep Boys?

Comment

Originally posted by Jscotty View Post
                        I could be on one of those perscription commercials.

"... I asked my doctor about Seafoam. Is Seafoam right for you?"
                        LOL

Comment

How good is this stuff? My M20 has about 120,000 original miles and has never seen sea foam. My car runs pretty smooth. Do you think I'll see a noticeable improvement from this stuff? Where do you get it?

with seafoam you will notice it.

Comment

Should you do it in more than one spot? Or is one sufficient? Would love a pic of highly reccomended places to inject seafoam. Maybe some hints of where Sea Foam seemed to worked best when injected here on the M20.

Like I said, My car runs good, but maybe I don't know any better, Maybe I too am used to it and this Sea Foam stuff would make a world of difference?
                            i have done 2 bottle in one shot.....

Comment

where would i find this magical elixir? how much does it run? ive been putting this off for the longest but i really wanna get this done before i head back down to school in the fall. any pics of the bottle? just want to make sure im gettin the right thing
                              Originally posted by ebelements
                              Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Working...
                              X