Chrysler warranty (non E30 discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrysler warranty (non E30 discussion)

I'm no Chrysler fan but they have just annouced (everybody knows about that by now) this "life time warranty" offer. What do u guys think?
    [All the Bronzit haters]

Probably just for the original owner. If not, just a long term way for them to lose more money.
    Byron
    Leichtbau

Comment

Yeah, it's original owner only... most people who buy a car new don't drive it for 15+ years anyhow.
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I think it's a good sales idea. It's drivetrain only though. If it were lifetime bumper to bumper I'd buy one.
        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

its a good marketing idea...It might have convinced to to buy a new wrangler (something I would probably keep forever)
          90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

The term "lifetime warranty" is subjective. Even though we are led to believe that this means "indefinate" it could very well mean for the life of the product. So if the useable life of an automobile is estimated to be 15 years or 100,000 miles this warranty could be identical to the KIA warranty with a different way of saying it.

Also I read the fine print on the bottom of the screen. It said something about a deductable but it vanished before I could finish reading it.

Comment

It is hard to get wrangler stuff fixed under warranty. They normally will play it off as abuse. So clean the hell out of it before you take it in :)

And the BMW uses lifetime tranny fluid... so don't get too excited :)

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                It is hard to get wrangler stuff fixed under warranty. They normally will play it off as abuse. So clean the hell out of it before you take it in :)

And the BMW uses lifetime tranny fluid... so don't get too excited :)
                yea, thats what iv'e heard, but I would use it as a DD..as fun as it is, no rock crawling.
                90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

I'm most likely getting the new JK Sahara 4 door, I've always
                  wanted a Jeep and now that it has four doors I could pass it off
                  as being practical to the wife. Perfect for living in MI, good in the snow and fun in the summer.

Comment

I don't think heeps I mean Jeeps are covered.

And lotsa car companies use the "lifetime tranny fluid"
                    Change that shit though. They are banking on the thing breaking out of warranty so you have to get it fixed. You can't prove a faulty tranny is caused by fluid, so the average Joe will take it back to the dealership stating the "lifetime fluid" is to blame. Joe is then stuck there at the dealership's mercy and is fucked per usual.
                    Yours truly,
                    Rich
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by Rigmaster
                    you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

bmw lifetime fluid means 100k

You sure Jeeps aren't covered?

Comment

Originally posted by egk2 View Post
                        I'm most likely getting the new JK Sahara 4 door, I've always
                        wanted a Jeep and now that it has four doors I could pass it off
                        as being practical to the wife. Perfect for living in MI, good in the snow and fun in the summer.
                        My boss has one, biggest bitch to get the top on and off, seriously takes forever. The hardtop is fucking HUGE too. Its an alright car, lots of plastic...but I digress.
                        Reminiscing...

Comment

I believe I heard it on the radio commercial, jeeps, srt4's, vipers, etc....
                          Yours truly,
                          Rich
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by Rigmaster
                          you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

The new v6 minivan motor is a joke.. I drove my boss's wrangler limited 4 door.. My toyota echo will run circles around it. First thing I'd do is .. not buy one..

Comment

I had a 87 wrangler - first year of the YJ. It was a toilet. My parents has a 94 Grand Cherokee - it was a toilet too. So I am turned off on Jeeps cheap ass build quality.
                              '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X