For all those cyclists...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all those cyclists...

Forgot about this till right now, but this week is bike2work week!

Friday is bike2work day, so at least do it then.

Check it out!

I bike 20 miles any way at least once a week. I need to go out and get back to where I was almost do 20miles a day(300 some miles a month).
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

i gotta start riding again... i used to be a sponsored road racer and downhill racer back in high school... used to train with a few friends about 50-60 miles a day... i used to be in really good shape... no anymore tho... i sit on my ass all day at the office

im gonna break out the track bike this week i think and take it to work

Comment

That's the way!

Gonna ride to school on Weds, Thurs, and Fri. :up:

Can't tomorrow have a dentist appointment at 11:00 and would need to ride about 20 miles there, and 20 back. All without missing much school. So that won't work.

Comment

Would love to but there is no bridge that crosses the CT. river within a reasonable distance of my hotel.

I ride at work around the perimeter or the base, twice a week, need to start getting so serious base miles. I have the AHA ride Boston to P-town and back ride plus the Tour de Trees coming up.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I bike to university everyday that it's not raining.

Comment

Originally posted by natorious
              i gotta start riding again... i used to be a sponsored road racer and downhill racer back in high school... used to train with a few friends about 50-60 miles a day... i used to be in really good shape... no anymore tho... i sit on my ass all day at the office

I need to start riding again too....I was on the other end of the cycling scene. I was a sponsored Mtn. Bike racer.
              -Jetta GLi

Comment

Originally posted by Clay'87IS

I need to start riding again too....I was on the other end of the cycling scene. I was a sponsored Mtn. Bike racer.
                Local sponsors I hope both of you. Otherwise, damn, you guys definately need to ride again. I would never give up sponsors, except when they demand a little too much.

Comment

Yeah, just local.
                  -Jetta GLi

Comment

I still ride alot for an old dude but not near any of my younger cat II roadie days. I also rode Mt Bike sponsered by Bridgestone while I lived in Japan and still have my MB~Zip with a Mantou III front shock on it. That's my preferred ride the my S-works Specialized.

I have a single speed bike I bought while in Japan for riding on the Kirin trak but think it's way to crazy to ride on public roads on such a skeetish bike.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Awesome. I have a 2002 (2003 maybe?) Stumpjumper pro, but the poor thing just sits in the garage. I need to go for a spin around the block.
                      -Jetta GLi

Comment

Originally posted by bwanac

Local sponsors I hope both of you. Otherwise, damn, you guys definately need to ride again. I would never give up sponsors, except when they demand a little too much.
                        my sponser was a custom race bike builder out of alaska.. i had a fiully decked out 4000 dollar race bike free of charge as my sponsorship and some money to go towards travel expenses and entry fees etc etc etc... the company was Chamberlain Cycles and has since gone on a semi-permanent break (owner got divorced and went through some hard hard times)

i am a fat bastard now... i can still leg press well over 1200lbs tho hehehehehe

Comment

I have a single speed bike I bought while in Japan for riding on the Kirin trak but think it's way to crazy to ride on public roads on such a skeetish bike.
                          ahhh thats the best part.. i love riding fixed in the city... doing the little side kick to get it stopped in emergencies.... no brakes... lol... so fun and so fast.. you spin your ass of on the downhills tho... you gotta have strong legs tho or the uphills can kill ya with the gearing... although most track bikes have a low bottom braket... making them a little scary on the road... mine is a custom built frame with the BB raised up for some extra clearance for those superbike style leans in the corners

i think i am gonna whip out the fixed to get to work tomorrow... the other two bikes need some work... front wheel on the super v needs a spoke and a brake line (magura race line d hydralic brakes) and the road bike needs new wheels and some drivetrain parts... its got ALOT of miles on it

here is the super v ready for action (sans seat so not quite ready)

i gotta take some pics of the other too sometime

Comment

I've heard bad things about Spox. Do you like yours?

I rode a Super V for a while, didn't like the bobbing, so I switched to a hardtail (GF Supercaliber). Best bike I've ever owned.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Originally posted by e30Matt
                              I've heard bad things about Spox. Do you like yours?

I rode a Super V for a while, didn't like the bobbing, so I switched to a hardtail (GF Supercaliber). Best bike I've ever owned.
                              i dont like the spox actually.. the damn spokes always break... but i got it for free and its on there till i get a new set of wheels.. my old front wheel got trashed in a incident at mount snow...

to be totally honest i used to do alot of trials style riding and i really miss having a hard tail but i dont mind this at all... i actually like the suspension some times.. but i have the manitou mach 5 sx ti and the shock cranked to the max to make it as rigid as possible..

the bike rides great but climing on it sucks... downhill is a blast tho when i through on the marzocchi bomber and soften up the rear shock... ideally i would like to get a hard tail and a down hill specific.. but i dont have the cash atm...

actually who knows good places to ride i northern jersey... im gonna miss new england back roads...

Comment

Working...
                              X