Schroth Belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schroth Belts

does anyone have schroth ralley 4 belts in their cars and how do they feel when nice and snug. do they ride up without a 5th (submarine belt)????????? and if anyone has pics of schroths or anything else they might recomend please let me know.

Everyone here recommends having a roll cage if you want to use harnesses. Just autocrossing, no roll cage should be fine, but for street use or tracking with other cars present, you quite literally could have your head up your ass

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

I have an Auto power 4 point harness in my car when snugged down it fells pretty good. I have the harness on my stock Sport seat. At first the the shoulder belts were run threw the center of the head rest and they dug into my neck so I took an old seat belt and cut it and looped the ends over and sewed it. Then I cut two holes for the headrest and silde it onto the headrest. I slid the harness straps threw the two loops this way it keeps the belts off my neck and keeps them in place so you don't have to reach into the back seat to grab them. I've had a problem with the belt riding up, and just ordered a 6-th point anti sub belt that will be here tommorow, so that should help. I plan on getting a Bolt in roll bar for the car sometime soon, but for now I just strap the harness on when I'm planning on driving hard.
      85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

for any of you having troubles with your lap belt riding up, your supposed to get the lap belt tight first and then tighten the shoulder straps

Comment

With my belts even when the lap belt is snugged down when I snug the shoulder belts the lap belt will still rise up some.

Comment

how high do they rise up though and do u have pics of how they are mounted.

Comment

not to much, ussaly about right above the belt line.
              I can get you some pics tommorow, the shoulder belts are mounted in the rear where the stock rear seat belt latches mount, the waist belt is mounted were the two rear bolts are for the seat, then I have the straps slid inbetween the backrest and the bottom cushion.
              Here is a good link covering the install http://e30m3performance.com/installs...ness/index.htm

Comment

I have schroth rallye 4 point harness (both driver and passenger). They are awesome for the auto-x. Bought them because they were only 100 bucks for both the passenger and driver side! I dont even consider using them on the street, mostly because I dont have a roll cage/ roll bar yet. Dont buy a harness if you are just using them for the street and you dont have a roll bar or roll cage, because you will strangle or choke yourself to death.

I'll post some pics later.

-Saul
                Saul
                01 330ci Daily Driver
                89 332is Auto-x Friend
                95 M3 *SOLD*
                87 325is *SOLD*

Comment

Originally posted by Saul325is
                  I have schroth rallye 4 point harness (both driver and passenger). They are awesome for the auto-x. Bought them because they were only 100 bucks for both the passenger and driver side! I dont even consider using them on the street, mostly because I dont have a roll cage/ roll bar yet. Dont buy a harness if you are just using them for the street and you dont have a roll bar or roll cage, because you will strangle or choke yourself to death.

-Saul
                  That's an awesome deal! I really like mine, I don't notice any submarining at all. I only use mine for autocrossing though, on the street it's just a royal PITA to do anything. Plus you look like a tool. Holds me in really snug during autocrosses though. I'm a tall lanky bastard, so some shoulder pads would probably be nice, but for short runs at autocrosses, it's alright.
                  -Brandon
                  '86 325es S50
                  '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                  '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                  '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
                  S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
                    Originally posted by Saul325is

-Saul
                    That's an awesome deal! I really like mine, I don't notice any submarining at all. I only use mine for autocrossing though, on the street it's just a royal PITA to do anything. Plus you look like a tool. Holds me in really snug during autocrosses though. I'm a tall lanky bastard, so some shoulder pads would probably be nice, but for short runs at autocrosses, it's alright.
                    Saul
                    01 330ci Daily Driver
                    89 332is Auto-x Friend
                    95 M3 *SOLD*
                    87 325is *SOLD*

Comment

Working...
                    X