euRO TRRIPP..!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

euRO TRRIPP..!!

so i finally decided to bite the bullet and buy myself a ticket to germany. i set off on oct.15th to frankfurt airport and returning nov.29th. to start the trip off im going to straubing where a friend plays professional hockey for a team there. some may no him he was a goalie for the ottawa senators Mike Bales.
    then from there i contacted BMW where i will go for my plant tour on 0ct.19th at the regensburg plant, sorry but no cameras or cell phones allowed in the plant. but we will see about that. after that i will hit munich,berlin for the finall germany cities. i plan to backpack from germany all around europe, i have my eurorail pass for 2 months i plan to hit amsterdam of coarse! from amsterdam i will hit paris,monaco, madrid,barcelona, rome and croatia. then from there i will make my way back up to slovenia on to austria then to Bratislava-Slovakia!!! for people who dont know the city from hostel. lame ass movie but just for the novilty. and then to prague back to frankfurt. so now for the people that have been to europe befor any suggestions where else to go along my route or even if its not. i was thinking of transylvannia for halloween maybe see dracula!
    Last edited by mitch500; 09-17-2007, 11:34 PM.
    1988 e30 alpine white vert 5speed
    1987 e30 325 eta
    1983 e28 533
    2001 x5 4.4l
    1997 e36 M3 Alpine white 5speed
    1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

awesome. sounds great. dont forget to go to the nurburgring!
    I don't think your mom appreciates the value of those modifications

Comment

yeah im going i forgot to mention that, i was looking up you can get a ride around the ring in a m5 for 180 euros for three people but a little pricey for my budget.
      1987 e30 325 eta
      1983 e28 533
      2001 x5 4.4l
      1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by mitch500 View Post
        yeah im going i forgot to mention that, i was looking up you can get a ride around the ring in a m5 for 180 euros for three people but a little pricey for my budget.
        Maybe you could just rent a car, get full insurance and take it out yourself. IF they accept american drivers licenses over there.
        97 tacoma 5 spd 4 cylinder
        2001 330ci 5 speed
        83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

Awesome - don't forget to take your sister...
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
            Awesome - don't forget to take your sister...
            hahahahha

Comment

eurail is not going to save you much money. There are still fees to make a reservation, which is usually required. Also, depending on where you are traveling from, it'll be about equal price and much much faster to just fly. For instance, I went from stuttgart to madrid for 38 euro on german wings in june. It took three hours. It would have been 24 hours by rail and two extra days on the eurail pass. Ryanair will be your friend. I met a girl who flew from london to madrid for a penny + 15 pounds tax.

Good luck, have fun. Do watch out for the pick pockets, gypsies and scammers. I got pick pocketed on my last week in Europe. After four weeks i just became too relaxed and one night, i was a bit tipsy and it happened.
              --Will

Comment

dude find a pub crawl in every city you go to, trust me
                Getting there

Comment

don't forget oktoberfest in munich :D

Comment

unfortunatley oktoberfest is overwhen im there , i believe its the last 2 weeks of september and the first week of october. as for pub crawls im up for anything that happens down there.
                    carssuck that is a good idea on the flying its just by me having a train pass will sometimes save me money because if you think about it you can sleep on a train at night instead of buying a hostel if you going to a new city just catch the night train. beets 16-25 euros on a hostel. but im sure i will fly sometimes. eurorail passes are just so dam expensive its like 1000 $ for 2 months. unlimited.
                    1987 e30 325 eta
                    1983 e28 533
                    2001 x5 4.4l
                    1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

Comment

The problem with the M5 on the Ring is they are booked till next year for rides, next Romania! i wouldnt bother i was there last year and drove through Transylvannia, and that is a shitty place, granted i was in a convoy but still I dont think its worth the time and head ache, cause Romania is still a little behind the times (no highway, trains can fall off the tracks at any moment) but this is your trip so enjoy and see as much as you can while your here.
                      1989 325i MT2/4dr

My life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather i will skid in broadside,thoroughly used up,totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW..What a ride!

Comment

Originally posted by ///Mayhew View Post
                        The problem with the M5 on the Ring is they are booked till next year for rides, next Romania! i wouldnt bother i was there last year and drove through Transylvannia, and that is a shitty place, granted i was in a convoy but still I dont think its worth the time and head ache, cause Romania is still a little behind the times (no highway, trains can fall off the tracks at any moment) but this is your trip so enjoy and see as much as you can while your here.
                        well its nice to here everyones reviews. thanks guys.
                        1987 e30 325 eta
                        1983 e28 533
                        2001 x5 4.4l
                        1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by mitch500 View Post
                          Just ask people in the carpark for a ride - it´s free.
                          Thordur

1999 E39 M5 Twin Supercharged
                          1989 E30 M3 with S85

Comment

just a hint: do less cities and spend more time in each one
                            Build Threads:
                            Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Why'd ya wanna go to Amsterdam........................?????

:)

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Working...
                              X