Can you remove the blower motor with...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you remove the blower motor with...

Can you remove the blower motor (and subsequently the wiper linkage) with the intake manifold still attached on an i motor?

The donor car I got it from had the motor pulled. Now that I'm looking in the engine bay of my car I'm wondering if I have the clearance.

Has anyone done this?
    sigpic

i replaced my blower twice without removing anything but my strut bar and access panel. can't speak for the wiper linkage, but likely.
    Jay

Comment

i changed my wiper mechanism without removing the intake manifold. i had to remove my strut, too. but thats all.
      *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

Yeah. both those jobs involve bloody knuckles and many swears

Originally posted by vlad
        Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe318is View Post
          Yeah. both those jobs involve bloody knuckles and many swears
          Yeah. Taking it out sucked and I had extra room with the motor out. I had to unbolt the wiper motor from the linkage just to snake it around the blower mount and out of the cowl.
          How much time did it take people to do this?
          Any tips or techniques are appreciated.
          sigpic

Comment

i took about an hour at the first time. second time was nearly a quicky with 30 minutes :mrgreen:
            *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

Take out the blower motor and surrounds [4 clips on either corner]

Helps a LOT

Originally posted by vlad
              Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Working...
              X