Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Issue... Need Help

Hey Guys,

I've never had problems with the starter and suddenly it wont start. I get power but when I turn the key nothing happens... It doesnt even crank over.

I used jumper cables just to make sure it wasnt the battery. I did a search and it seems it might be a loose connection or the starter is dead indeed. I will use the "bang" method next time I try to start it and see if that works.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Looking for my next E30. Have one? Call or text me (805) 340-3284 or email me at: dclrod@gmail.com

I had a starting problem on friday. I warm my car up every morning before I go to work and when its dark in the morning I turn on the parking lights. So I go out to my car start it, turn on the parks, then go back indside. I get ready then go back out and get in the car, go to turn the headlights on aaaannndddd not headlights. "WTF?" I say to myself. So I push and pull the switch and couple times. Still parking but no heads. So I shut the car off. Go to turn it back on and nothing at all turns on. It won't even try to turn over. "WTF?!" I say to myself again. So I get the jumper cables and the Tahoe and jump start it no problem. I get inside and the dash lights are super dim so I figure the dimmer switch was on the low position, I try to turn it to the high posistion and nothing. "OK WTF IS GOING ON?!?" I say to myself. I rev up the engine and the lights get brighter. Hmmm? I drive to work, get there, and with antisipation I turn it off. Then I turn it right back on with no problems. It has started everytime since then. Not sure but I think the alternator may be going and the engine was just running off the battery.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X